Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Slinkywizard

Thanks for the review Cas. You're bang on the money. Even as a HUGE fan of FFVII and of FF more generally I didn't like it. Saw it a long time ago, mind.

SMeister

Im going to watch this on blu ray and remind myself of the HD quality, not seen it for years and never on an OLED TV. Agreed that not much can be done to improve on the animation from that period. But at least the Atmos is an added feature and even if the HDR is not mind blowing I think I'll still get this as am a fan of the OG FF VII game. Be interested to see how Spirits Within fares if they remaster that.

TRIPLE A

To think that the review never covered the fact that much of the master material CGI in this film is sub-HD quality (now AI-upscaled-and-HDRd for this 4K version)

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Thanks for the review Cas. You're bang on the money. Even as a HUGE fan of FFVII and of FF more generally I didn't like it. Saw it a long time ago, mind.
I'm in the same boat but I did like it the first time round, though I'm now positive most of my enjoyment came from the CGI and the character models which, for the time, were stunning (still looks pretty good now).
But the story is such unrelenting BS that even as a huge fan it's impossible to give a damn about anything happening in it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom