Final Fantasy remake Ps4 to PS5

Marky1973

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I may just not be using the right search words!

I downloaded the PS+ version of FF7 Remake on the PS4 and played through it, before transferring the game and saves to the PS5 when I got that a few weeks back.

As I got the PS+ download I am not eligible for the upgrade for free which is fine, but the kids are keen to play the additional add-on with Yuffie, but that is also not available to me.

If I was to buy the ps4 disc, uninstall the PS+ version from both machines (retaining the save games) and then install from disc on the PS4 and transfer to the PS5 (I have the digital edition) would I be able to download the Yuffie add-on, or would my account still know I took the free download?

If one of the kids installs it in their account and we port it over would that work if they has a PSN account?

Just want to play the add-on, not so bothered about the PS5 upgrade and don't really want to pay £60 for just the Yuffie side quest...

.. If that all makes sense?

Cheers!

Marky1973

Cheers.... Worst case scenario is I accidentally delete my daughter's save game where she has nearly completed the game on hard! 😁😁

Might be worth a go then! 👍

Davekale86

As far as I’m aware the Yuffie content is only available for the Intergrade version on the ps5 you would have to buy the disc version of the PS4 one to be able to upgrade it to the ps5 version which is free then buy the Yuffie DLC extra which is £20 if you just buy the integrade version on the ps5 disc version you get Yuffie doc included with it

Marky1973

Yeah I was just thinking there might be a way to make it cheaper, but I'll probably just wait for a sale on the ps5 intergrade.... Feels like too much hassle! 😁

Davekale86

Yeah I was just thinking there might be a way to make it cheaper, but I'll probably just wait for a sale on the ps5 intergrade.... Feels like too much hassle! 😁
It’s on sale on Amazon £45 instead of £70 I have the free version so would have to get the ps5 version for the Yuffie dlc

Marky1973

Thanks, but sadly I have the digital PS5... 👍😁

Doctor Hades

I originally played the PS4 disc version from the collector's edition on my PS4 Pro but then uninstalled it and downloaded the PSN+ version when it was available for the convenience of not having to use a disc. It worked fine and picked up my saves as expected.

When the PS5 version came out, I simply put the PS4 disc in the PS5 and added the free updgrade option and proceeded to install the Intergrade version to the internal storage. I kept the PS4 version installed on the external SSD drive. While the PS5 version was downloading, which didn't take that long, I opened the PS4 version, which had been updated to a transfer save option, so that I could transfer the latest save over to the PS5 version. You can transfer multiple saves over but only one at a time, unfortunately.

I then exited the PS4 version and loaded up the PS5 version then finally imported the save from the PS4 version. I tested the game and it worked as expected and continued from where I left off on the PS4 version (which was actually on the last chapter). With the PS5 version installed, I was then able to buy and install the Yuffie Intermission chapter for £15.99. This basically works as a separate game from the Intergrade menu with its own set of save slots.

Marky1973

Thanks for that.... The free PSN version seemed like a good idea at the time! 😁😁 I don't have a disc version but guess I could just uninstall the PSN version and buy the Intergrade and install rhat and then use the existing saves.... Noticed some price drops, so suspect there will be some better deals as we approach Christmas.... Might just be easier to wait a bit longer and buy a discounted a intergrade... If I do anything and lose my daughter's save I will end up shivved...... 😁😁

Davekale86

Thanks for that.... The free PSN version seemed like a good idea at the time! 😁😁 I don't have a disc version but guess I could just uninstall the PSN version and buy the Intergrade and install rhat and then use the existing saves.... Noticed some price drops, so suspect there will be some better deals as we approach Christmas.... Might just be easier to wait a bit longer and buy a discounted a intergrade... If I do anything and lose my daughter's save I will end up shivved...... 😁😁
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE (PS5) Amazon product on sale on amazon £50 cheapest I’ve seen it

Davekale86

1431B814-F7AC-4F4D-9485-9A2E3C5ACFA7.jpeg

picked it up today traded in some games it it worth upgrading? Probably not lol

Marky1973

Ha ha.... Sadly I have the digital PS5.... Bung a few quid into the wallet every month so will just keep an eye on the price.... Kids just want to play the Yuffie story.... So maybe that will be available as a standalone at some point.

Davekale86

Ha ha.... Sadly I have the digital PS5.... Bung a few quid into the wallet every month so will just keep an eye on the price.... Kids just want to play the Yuffie story.... So maybe that will be available as a standalone at some point.
Just a shame the DLC isn’t available on PS4

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom