1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy R1 Does it play on modified machines?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ddb2k, Dec 31, 2001.

1. ddb2k

ddb2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    R1 version of Final Fantasy - Spirits within presents Region Code Warnig that the DVD will not operate on modified DVD players. The cyber home N212 is programmed as a multi region machine. Other R1 discs have worked so far. Does any one have a suggested way forward?

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Cant answer your specific question , but why not buy the region 2 version, no difference what so ever according to

Rewind

Goodluck

Si

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sounds like a RCE (Region Code Enhancement) to me and obviously your player doesn't like it. This can happen, depending on the hack/modification of the player, i.e. how it has been made multiregion compatible.

The only option I see is to set the player manually to a specific region (R1 in this case) if your player allows so. Then the DVD will think it's a R1 player and not a R0 player. Still no guarantee that it will work though ... but I wish you good luck!

4. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Disc 1 of the R1 Final Fantasy is RCE

5. ddb2k

ddb2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. This disc is RCE and will pplay when the machine is set to R!