final fantasy 7 on its way today!

I grabbed it off the US store using entropay.

Can someone let me know if PSone games still suffer from that PAL/NTSC conversion issue that plagued the old days?

If so, I'll get all my stuff off the US store using Entropay.

how does entropay work? was thinking of getting this too but not bought a game over the psn so far...only free demo's and trailers!

Entropay is if you want to buy using credit card from the US store. The address over there defaults to the US so it fails when you put your card details in.

I got it from the US because there was this thing about NTSC and PAL conversions on PSone/PS2 games. The UK games used to run about 14% slower with borders apparently, so I decided to grab the US copy!

Not actually got confirmation that the PAL issue exists with these PSN store games. Trying to find out. Someone has said that the UK one in Zoom picture mode on PSP is actually pretty good, I've noticed the US one chops off the top and bottom somewhat so I have to go with Full. It looks great on the PS3 though, I can get it to fill top to bottom with minimal bars at the side.

Anyway purchasing off the UK store is easy, just go in, bung in your card details and its sorted!

Yeah fullscreen in on the US NTSC version is the way to go, it chops off a lot in zoom. On UK PAL the zoom mode is pretty good, chops off only a couple of pixels at the top. Full screen mode on PAL has large borders.

Edit: Here's how it look on the PAL version from the PSN store:

Zoom mode:

Fullscreen mode:

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking there's a 5% charge just for putting money on an entropay card?

Is it easy to use and do you need to put a US address in for it to work on the US PSN?

Hi guys, when you have downloaded the game to your PS3, can you transfer it to more than one PSP. If not can you buy it and download it strait to a PSP. :confused:

Hi guys, when you have downloaded the game to your PS3, can you transfer it to more than one PSP. If not can you buy it and download it strait to a PSP. :confused:

You can download it stright to your PSP from logging into PSN store with the PSP. Don't know about copying it to more than one PSP from a PS3 though.

can someone tell me what firmware it runs on (pal version)>?

I bought the PAL version and it ran fine on my PSP with CFW 5.00 m33-6. I have heard reports of people needing to fake their version number when using custom firmware but maybe that is just the US version?

Sorry for the noob question, but I've not bought anything from the store before. If I buy it on my PS3, can I transfer it across to my PSP at a later date? The reason I ask is that I only have a 1GB card for my PSP, so I need to get a new, larger, one.

Thanks,

Dave.

I transferred to my PSP directly over internet using the wireless router at home, took AN AGE to install mind. Gave me a version error when i tried to install via USB on PC. I later downloaded it from internet again direct to PS3 using wireless router connection. I think it lets you install it on 5 devices but I'm not really sure.

I bought the PAL version and it ran fine on my PSP with CFW 5.00 m33-6. I have heard reports of people needing to fake their version number when using custom firmware but maybe that is just the US version?

I had to.

You have to attach your PSP to PC via USB, head into recovery, toggle USB, go into Flash 1 and there is a text file in there you need to edit so that all references of 500 are replace with 550 (5.00 to 5.50). This fakes the firmware check number.

Of course with this being one of the VAGUEST descriptions you have probably read, do some googling for a comprehensive guide!

Sorry for the noob question, but I've not bought anything from the store before. If I buy it on my PS3, can I transfer it across to my PSP at a later date? The reason I ask is that I only have a 1GB card for my PSP, so I need to get a new, larger, one.

Thanks,

Dave.

You can, but bear in mind, I think you can only transfer the game over and not saved games so don't get to 50 hours in before deciding where you're going to play it the most :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom