1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Destination !!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by RMCF, Oct 30, 2000.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I felt compelled to write after having just finished watching Final Destination that I rented. This was a 5-star film in the latest issue of Home Entertainment by the way. I can safely say that I have seen a film that rates in the Top5 of the worst films that I have ever seen. It was predictable, so corny, not scary. I never thought I would see a film where the acters had to speak their thoughts out loud so that the target audience could follow. But then again, maybe that says something about the teens of today (who the film is aimed at - according to the producers on the extras). Ah, the extras - now I have to say something about these. If you listen to the producers talk about their project you would think that they had just produced a great piece of cinema history. And best of all - the test screenings. It was comical to watch a man in his mid-30s nearly jump out of his seat at the sight of a girl getting hit by a bus (scary or what??). It was lucky for him that his girlfriend was there to protect him. And finally, the deleted scenes - these just made the film even worse (if that is possible). SO corny. Anyway, enough ranting - I am sure that some of you out there found this film good, but then some of you liked Lost in Space, Armageddon etc. Look forward to your thoughts.

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Well, as you know I'n no fan of Armageddon and the likes, but I have to say that I enjoyed Final Destination for what it was - an hour and a half of fun. OK it won't win any awards, and rightly so, but I thought the whole idea of death itself being the killer instead of some angry teenager was a nice change of idea.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

3. alan

alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anything it had the best knocked down by a bus when you were least expecting it bit to it of any film ever!!

------------------
    Hey Jenny Slater. Hey Jenny Slater. Hey Jenny Slater.

4. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my copy today,only watched the trailer so far,look's ok ,anyway this was a birthday present so i didnt pay for it.

5. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my copy today,only watched the trailer so far,look's ok ,anyway this was a birthday present so i didnt pay for it.

6. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Unless you spotted the terrible composited shot.
    Meet Joe Black has a good bus scene, most enjoyable watching Mr Pitt getting tossed around the screen

7. Glyn

Glyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr Pitt getting tossed around the screen??

Are you sure the post shouldnt have been posted to the XXX version of HCC?

:)

------------------
    No mother, You HAVE to watch it this loud, it is a waste of money otherwise.

"I want to tell you a secret, I EAT dead people!"

8. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    In reply to Tee, I have to admit that the idea had a lot of potential, but it was far from fulfilled in this shambles of a film. On paper it would sound like a fantastic Outer Limits or Twilight Zone, but I just think that the writers on this film were not up to the standards of those associated with these 2 shows.

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked it. It has an interesting premise (though I'd agree not executed as well as it could have been), it's not great but I didn't expect it to be. The writers (and director) usually write for the x-files.

10. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    I saw it at the cinema and really enjoyed it but since watching it on DVD found its repeat viewing to be limited.

The plane crash scene was very harrowing, with the shots of the handicapped guy and also the guy with melting face.

The bus scene was very good to.

The film is done by the guy ( james wong, i think ) who was responsible for a few of the X-files epsiodes and this did show.

If you want a REAL edge of the seat film then try, WHAT LIES BENEATH

11. alan

alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matt
    I watched it after a few beers at my brothers place without my specs....(deafeats the object of dvd i know)I'll have to get the disc of him and watch the dodgy fx again!!

------------------
    Hey Jenny Slater. Hey Jenny Slater. Hey Jenny Slater.

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should receive my copy tomorrow alongwith Toy 1 & 2 and Pitch Black, it's annoying when you're monthly paid! Have seen the trailer but I think we could all name a few films that looked priceless on the trailers?