Final Decision time....36pl30,32pl10 or ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by beavis, May 2, 2002.

1. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After waiting to get the keys to my new house, it's finally coming up this weekend and as a result I need to brush off the wallet and get a decent widescreen tv!

I've been looking at this forum for a few months now for guidance and it's been a real eye opener.

Basically I'm down to either the Panasonic 32pl10 or the Panasonic 36pl30. I considered the Tosh picture frame but wasn't too keen on the styling.

Has anyone got any recent opinions on these sets, good or bad?
    Or if you can suggest a decent substitute which I've omitted, feel free.

Cheers

B.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spent weeks deciding which tv to buy, but after much deliberating I plumped for the 36pl30. If youve got a seperate amp for surround or dont need surround sound then I would not hesitate to recommend the 36pl30. It has worked faultlessly, no complaints at all. How much do you intend to pay? I bought mine from my local hifi shop, after much persuasion they done it for £1500 with a 2 year gaurantee and at least I have somewhere to go back to if anything does go wrong.

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we have the PL30 downstairs and its a super set. Only problem is the "moire!" patterning when watching NTSC. apart from that its fantastic. I would definately get the 36 inch though

4. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Higgy/Shaunthedude - thanks very much guys, all I hear about the 36pl30 is positive, there seems a lot of happy people with this set, so I think I'm gonna go with that and have cold baked beans for a few months!!!

Gonna see if I can do a price match at John Lewis with a nice 5 year guarantee!

Cheers
    B.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to get JL to pricematch but it wasnt a set they keep in stock so wouldnt match. Maybe your local store keeps it in stock.

Good Luck

6. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I second(or third or something) the motion. Go for a 36PL30.
    I have one and am v. happy with it.

7. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    only problem i have with the PL30 is its weight. Bloody hell, talk about heavy. It would have been better if they had put it on castors. I dread the wife saying "can you move the tv so I can hoover behind it". One hernia coming up!!!!:D