1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final decision please help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gazgits, Dec 31, 2004.

1. gazgits

gazgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    After reading these pages for some time now I have narrowed my choice down to two.
    The HIT 5200 or the PAN 42PWD7.
    I appreciate that both these models have their pros and cons but the most important feature for me is the picture quality.
    So could someone please give me an unbiased(extremely difficult I know) opinion on which screen give the best picture quality.
    After what I have read on these pages I would be very happy with either screen.
    Thank you
    Gaz

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

It's going to be very hard to get a good idea of which screen offers the best performance because so few people have experience of both screens. I have the predecessor to the PWD7, and can say that its performance is excellent, so I think it's safe to say that the PWD7 will offer virtually the same level of performance.

In the six weeks I've had it, I've never felt any regrets about having not bought a different model, so I would imagine you won't regret buying one.

I'm sure the Hitachi is very good too, but I've never seen one in action, unless you count the crap demos in the shops :rotfl:.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I like the Hitachis (hard for some to beleive i know) but not as TV's for data monitors in public displays etc they are great cheap bright etc....... but for a TV Panny are better (but more complex to set-up and require more effort)

4. gazgits

gazgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your replies people.
    After much head scratching I think i'm going to pick the Hitachi