1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final decision on Sky + apartment installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tim k, Mar 5, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have finally decided to buy a discreet box called a cubsat in order to get sky + installed. I have been told it will be possible to use the cubsat for the one feed, and the communal point within the apartment for the 2ndary feed. Is this correct?? I also have the installation booked in a couple of weeks time, do you advise me to wire the cubsat up for the engineer so he's ready to hook up, as this is a non standard installation i dont want him to say no and walk away, however this would force me to drill a hole in the foot wide walls which im worried of doing. Does anyone know if it is possible to drill into plastic door frames, are they hollow??

thanks for ya help chaps.

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not get everything ready for the engineer, so that all he has to do is drill the hole for you.? You can then hook up the cubsat while he gets on with the rest of the install. It's not a good idea to drill through a pvc door frame as it is difficult to seal the hole. Most have some type of reinforcement running through them, mainly ally.It would also invalidate any weather proofing warrenty on the door.

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you say 'get everything ready' do you mean to have all the cabling ready for him, if so where can i get this from and what are F connectors!!