final decision help?

B

boussis

my two 26" lcd finalists are :) : sony26s2000 or jvc lt-dxr7 the thing is de sony includes the digital tunner and the jvc has better looking... any suggestions, comments etc...

Thanx

My V26 is better looking than both of them. :devil:

Sony V series has much better colours, you really notice them.

We had a S26 in the bedroom, but upgraded to the 32V and the colour differences are amazing, well worth the extra money.

The Sony S 26 is about the best 26" around

now im lost .... evreyone said that de s sereies was newer and better.... which lcd do you recomend me, the sony v , the sony s, or the jvc lt-26dxr7.

boussis said:
now im lost .... evreyone said that de s sereies was newer and better.... which lcd do you recomend me, the sony v , the sony s, or the jvc lt-26dxr7.

The new V series doesn't come in 26 inch size so you can forget about it. Both the other two are very good but i would give the S2010 a slight advantage.

mikepaul said:
We had a S26 in the bedroom, but upgraded to the 32V and the colour differences are amazing, well worth the extra money.

S26A11= old model
32V2000=new model

...so it's obvious that newer is better unless you mean that you had the 26V2010 which doesn't have the same panel with 32S2010 (PVA vs SPVA) so the comparison is not valid.

If you want a truly decent 26 inch screen try hunting down the slightly older panasonic viera. Im sorry ive forgotten the exact model number, but there are still some about priced around £995 maybe less.
The picture quality is stupidly good and destroys all the newer models on the market.

Dont be fooled by current gen lcd's they have all taken a downgrade in price and quality to cash in on the not so successful LCD summer.
There is no way i would ever recommend the sony 26S2010, unless it priced itself £100 below the samsung. The SD quality is the worst ive seen, and in general the colours are oversaturated and unnatural.

ufff now i don´t know what to do. I`ve heard that the samsun r7x has worse picture quality than the sony, people complain about the samsung´s blacks. I thought de sony s series was one of the best lcd´s and now you are telling me that it suck´s hehehe ..

You have to consider it´s going to be a 26" lcd , so sometimes they don´t have the same panel as the bigger brother´s . Like it happens with the sony.
Could we decide one all together? :thumbsup:

thanx

boussis said:
ufff now i don´t know what to do. I`ve heard that the samsun r7x has worse picture quality than the sony, people complain about the samsung´s blacks.

That's true:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378180

Digitised was saying how good the Samsung is the other day so don't count on what he is saying. He is biased against Sony for some reason. Probably his Sony CRT exploded or something.LOL.

Digitised said:
If you want a truly decent 26 inch screen try hunting down the slightly older panasonic viera. Im sorry ive forgotten the exact model number, but there are still some about priced around £995 maybe less.
The picture quality is stupidly good and destroys all the newer models on the market.

Dont be fooled by current gen lcd's they have all taken a downgrade in price and quality to cash in on the not so successful LCD summer.
There is no way i would ever recommend the sony 26S2010, unless it priced itself £100 below the samsung. The SD quality is the worst ive seen, and in general the colours are oversaturated and unnatural.

Digitised,

Do you mean the Panasonic TX26LXD500? If so, I can vouch for it being an excellent LCD - now priced at £630.. See:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375292

Yes the XD500 thats the one, probably the best 26'' consumer TV ever made.

Yannis -

Please refrain from false accusations. The Sony S series are horrible and overpriced, on the other hand the v2000 series and X series are all brilliant panels.
And yes the samsung is miles ahead of the S series.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom