Final Autumn Dashboard update details

Well just tried one of my avi's that I have on my PC and it played fine on the 360 via the extender

Strange, I tried a few divx's via the extender and none of them worked. All of them worked through upnp straight off the dash.

Strange, I tried a few divx's via the extender and none of them worked. All of them worked through upnp straight off the dash.

The new codecs aren't supported through Media Centre Extender, only direct streaming through the dash :suicide:

Hope they come up with an update soon...

The new codecs aren't supported through Media Centre Extender, only direct streaming through the dash :suicide:
Hope they come up with an update soon...

Yes, that's what I thought, was responding to the chap who said divx was working through the extender.

Happy with them through the dash actually, found media extender to be a bit slow and clunky.

Yep, sorry, I wasn't awake last night when I posted. My DivX files worked fine connecting to a PC that has WMP11 installed.

What happens if a dash update gets to 95% and then the internet connection drops? It doesn't install it until it's 100% downloaded, right?

What happens if a dash update gets to 95% and then the internet connection drops? It doesn't install it until it's 100% downloaded, right?

You will probably be missing the media and system blades that's all ..

No sorry, the file should appear as incomplete and not valid so it would start again or continue, depending on how they manage the downloads.

You will probably be missing the media and system blades that's all ..

No sorry, the file should appear as incomplete and not valid so it would start again or continue, depending on how they manage the downloads.
A friend got their first 360 today and have Sky broadband and Netgear router, but when he connected it all he said it got to 95% of the dash update before the connection dropped and now he can't get the 360 to pass the Live test. I'm going over Friday to have a look so hopefully it's just the router's settings that need tweaking.

Had that happen to me last weekend, exactly same equipment. I had to cycle the power on the router. Then the reset all the netwrok settings on the xbox360, to make the network connection.

The update then installed in a matter of minutes, if that.:thumbsup:

Well since this fall update my Xbox 360 can no longer see my PC.
It can see the connection but cannot stream anything from it.
I've checked my settings in XP & all seems to be good. XP sees the Xbox 360.
I'll have a play around with it on my next days off to see if I can get it up & running again.

Hi,

I link up with my XP PC using media sharing on WMP11.

I have received the latest update but am still unable to see .divx files in folders that i have shared. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers

I have used TVersity to share my folders for DIVX, works fine, straight from the video blade.

Anyone had any luck in getting the 360 to play VIDEO_TS folders from a pc, I have some of films ripped to the hard drive so the kids can watch them on there laptops upstairs etc.

Cheers

Taz

Hi,

I link up with my XP PC using media sharing on WMP11.

I have received the latest update but am still unable to see .divx files in folders that i have shared. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers

Your divx videos need to be in files with .avi extensions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom