1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filters

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by SGH42, Aug 5, 2003.

1. SGH42

SGH42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arethere any digital cameras that you can use Cokin or any other filters on ?

2. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can buy adapters that fit to the tripod screw, or clip on - you can then use normal slide in filters.

However, except for perhaps a polarizer or ND filter, you should consider just capturing the shot at the best quality possible, and applying effects on computer with Photoshop or similar.

You will then not "spoil" the shot with an effect that you can not remove later.

woody

3. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    I was given a full set of Cokin filters (about 40 of them) last year and they work well with my little Canon A40.

Whilst some of them are usable (the star filters for example) the graduation ones etc are a waste of time.

First you need to get around the auto white balance (which tried and compensates for the filter) and even then, because the lense is quite small, the effect is not great.

Option 2 is (as said above) to apply the effect later on in Photoshop. Indeed you can even get a set of PS plugins to match the Cokin filter range

4. SGH42

SGH42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any idea where I could get the adaptors that would screw into the tripod thread ?
    Cheers

5. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360