1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter newbie questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Aquila, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Aquila

Aquila
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    The use of filters is completely new to me. I've recently bought a new LCD projector and read that the black values and colours can be much improved by using the right filter.
    I already know I would need a 77mm filter and saw that many people use a HOYA filter for daylight...

Can anyone who uses a filter on a LCD projector post some pictures of a projected image with and without a filter installed? (Preferably on a Panasonic AE700)
    Could you also mention which filter you are using?

That would be great :)

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +832
    Hi,

I have the AE700. I currently have a FL-D filter and an 81A filter ( both Hoya ) on order. Once they are in I will do my best to give my views and some sample pictures.

Bear in mind though that my digital camera is not a top of the range job just one of the happy snappy kinds.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

[ EDIT - 30/11/04 08:30 ] I took some piccies of the projector in operation last nigh as tests before the filters come in. Sorry to say but my happy snappy digi cam is not really up to the job of showing the true picture image :(

I'll still let you know though how the filters perform once they arrive.

Anyone got any good tips for using basic digital camera ( no aperture or shutter control ) to take these kind of images ?

[ EDIT 30/11/2004 - 09.45 ] The two filters have been delivered to my work. Not bad considering I only ordered them last week off an American web site. So its playtime tonight and I'll let the you know in the next couple of days as to how the projector performs with them attached. 104 Bucks for 2 Hoya 77mm filters delivered, comes out to about 54 quid real money... not bad. :D