Filter Lenses For Projectors

G

gothic

Hi All
Can Anybody Help With Info And Links
I Have The Panasonic 900 Projector,i Would Like To Use A Filter Lense With This To Try And Improve The Picture , Any Info Or Tips With Setting The Projector Correctly Would Be Great.
How Do You Connect Filter Lenses To The Projector
Thank You All

To get the most out of a colour correction filter, you really need colour calibration hardare and the software to model the results. ROne has used filters on his LCD along with the SpyderTV package and a spreadsheet and had good results, so do a search for his thread.

A filter will dim the image down so it won;t be as bright but it will improve th eblack level as a consequence. Proper colour calibration to D65 should give more contrast compared to a calibration without a filter, so it's a worthwhile tweak to do provided you have the equipment to do it properly.

If you have a noticable green tint to your image, you may find just adding an fl-day or CCR filter will improve the colour balance without having to use any equipment, so you might get an improvement anyway.

Gary

gothic said:
Hi All
Can Anybody Help With Info And Links
I Have The Panasonic 900 Projector,i Would Like To Use A Filter Lense With This To Try And Improve The Picture , Any Info Or Tips With Setting The Projector Correctly Would Be Great.
How Do You Connect Filter Lenses To The Projector
Thank You All

Check out this.

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/200510/ae900-ckl/index.htm

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom