Filter Lenses For Projectors

G

gothic

Hi All
Can Anybody Help With Info And Links
I Have The Panasonic 900 Projector,i Would Like To Use A Filter Lense With This To Try And Improve The Picture , Any Info Or Tips With Setting The Projector Correctly Would Be Great.
How Do You Connect Filter Lenses To The Projector
Thank You All

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
To get the most out of a colour correction filter, you really need colour calibration hardare and the software to model the results. ROne has used filters on his LCD along with the SpyderTV package and a spreadsheet and had good results, so do a search for his thread.

A filter will dim the image down so it won;t be as bright but it will improve th eblack level as a consequence. Proper colour calibration to D65 should give more contrast compared to a calibration without a filter, so it's a worthwhile tweak to do provided you have the equipment to do it properly.

If you have a noticable green tint to your image, you may find just adding an fl-day or CCR filter will improve the colour balance without having to use any equipment, so you might get an improvement anyway.

Gary

cyberheater

gothic said:
Hi All
Can Anybody Help With Info And Links
I Have The Panasonic 900 Projector,i Would Like To Use A Filter Lense With This To Try And Improve The Picture , Any Info Or Tips With Setting The Projector Correctly Would Be Great.
How Do You Connect Filter Lenses To The Projector
Thank You All
Check out this.

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/200510/ae900-ckl/index.htm