Filter for Optoma H30

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm having no luck tracking this down. My bro has an Optoma H30 connected to a Sony DVD system. It seems that the Picture has a lot of "green push" which is diffficult to correct with the H30 menu. Can I get a Filter of some kind to directly (snugly) fit over the lens to correct the colour? Not sure what to get, where from, or what fits.

Any info would be appreciated:smashin:

Probably something like a Hoya FL-Day filter will do the trick.

There are similar alternatives such as Cokin filters so you just have to look around. I fitted a Hoya to my pj for different reasons, but used tape to fit it so that I could allow an air gap just in case there was a possibility of any heat build up within the lens.

You'd be surprised at how much heat can come out of the lens - RTFM showed me some distorted 'plastic' filters that had been placed in front of his 3 chip DLP for just a few seconds. Not sure if it was the stunning image or the brightness that did it though. :)

Gary.

gaffer74
i got the h30 and it is not got"green push"
dvd player pion737 the Picture is good

Thanx guys.
Yes, i'm pretty sure it's not the projector itself, the sony system he has was the very first multi speaker all-in-one they made (DAV500 i think) - so old, it's already gone through a laser replacement.
It's connected via s-video ('cos that's all the sony has as an output:suicide: ) to the projector.
Funnily enough, my bro was specifically thinking about a pioneer multiregion player so that he could make use of component but wasn't sure which one.
An aside, but certain projectors don't mix with macrovision discs (the de-interlacer conflicts), is this one of them? (my ae500 doesn't like the PAL prog output from my jamo - according to projector central, this is a known issue between some proj's and players)
Joe - does your pioneer output PAL progressive?

On the colour front - I'm thinking using 10feet of vga lead or 10ft component lead with a new dvd player would be better than 10ft s-video lead and may cure the problem. If it doesn't, Gary, could I get that filter from Jessops?

Possibly. They do 49mm Hoya FL-Day filter on their web site, so you might be able to get one in your size.

I got mine form the USA:

http://www.2filter.com/hoya/hoya80fldflw05.html

You want the Hoya Hmc FL Day Filter (the top row of the bottom list).

Delivery is a bit extra, but mine cost £26.50 so shouldn't be a great deal more now.

Gary.

I don't like the HOYA FLD filter for the H30, or any filter for that matter, it is great for dark scenes, but dims the picture quite a bit and takes the snap out of the image in bright scenes.

Colour calibration is the only way round it then if you have a colour imbalance that needs addressing.

SMART III works pretty well, though isn'y as good as something with a true colourimiter such as those used by Colorfacts. It works out at around £200 inc delivery from the USA, so if you're keen on learning about calibration and having a go yourself, then SMART could be the answer.

Gary.

I haven't had green push running the projector on component from my DVD player. I actually sent my PJ back to optoma for a frim ware upgrade that I heard about. I know it doesn't relate to the green balance but it helped sort out all sorts of Aspect ratio blunders!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom