1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter for Optoma H30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by G a f f e r, Apr 16, 2004.

1. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm having no luck tracking this down. My bro has an Optoma H30 connected to a Sony DVD system. It seems that the Picture has a lot of "green push" which is diffficult to correct with the H30 menu. Can I get a Filter of some kind to directly (snugly) fit over the lens to correct the colour? Not sure what to get, where from, or what fits.

Any info would be appreciated:smashin:

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Probably something like a Hoya FL-Day filter will do the trick.

There are similar alternatives such as Cokin filters so you just have to look around. I fitted a Hoya to my pj for different reasons, but used tape to fit it so that I could allow an air gap just in case there was a possibility of any heat build up within the lens.

You'd be surprised at how much heat can come out of the lens - RTFM showed me some distorted 'plastic' filters that had been placed in front of his 3 chip DLP for just a few seconds. Not sure if it was the stunning image or the brightness that did it though. :)

Gary.

3. joe davis

joe davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gaffer74
    i got the h30 and it is not got"green push"
    dvd player pion737 the Picture is good

4. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Thanx guys.
    Yes, i'm pretty sure it's not the projector itself, the sony system he has was the very first multi speaker all-in-one they made (DAV500 i think) - so old, it's already gone through a laser replacement.
    It's connected via s-video ('cos that's all the sony has as an output:suicide: ) to the projector.
    Funnily enough, my bro was specifically thinking about a pioneer multiregion player so that he could make use of component but wasn't sure which one.
    An aside, but certain projectors don't mix with macrovision discs (the de-interlacer conflicts), is this one of them? (my ae500 doesn't like the PAL prog output from my jamo - according to projector central, this is a known issue between some proj's and players)
    Joe - does your pioneer output PAL progressive?

On the colour front - I'm thinking using 10feet of vga lead or 10ft component lead with a new dvd player would be better than 10ft s-video lead and may cure the problem. If it doesn't, Gary, could I get that filter from Jessops?

5. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Possibly. They do 49mm Hoya FL-Day filter on their web site, so you might be able to get one in your size.

I got mine form the USA:

http://www.2filter.com/hoya/hoya80fldflw05.html

You want the Hoya Hmc FL Day Filter (the top row of the bottom list).

Delivery is a bit extra, but mine cost £26.50 so shouldn't be a great deal more now.

Gary.

6. xebay11

xebay11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like the HOYA FLD filter for the H30, or any filter for that matter, it is great for dark scenes, but dims the picture quite a bit and takes the snap out of the image in bright scenes.

7. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Colour calibration is the only way round it then if you have a colour imbalance that needs addressing.

SMART III works pretty well, though isn'y as good as something with a true colourimiter such as those used by Colorfacts. It works out at around £200 inc delivery from the USA, so if you're keen on learning about calibration and having a go yourself, then SMART could be the answer.

Gary.

8. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had green push running the projector on component from my DVD player. I actually sent my PJ back to optoma for a frim ware upgrade that I heard about. I know it doesn't relate to the green balance but it helped sort out all sorts of Aspect ratio blunders!