Films you saw at cinema that inspired you.

saj1d

I don't know about you but have you ever watched a great scene at the cinema and thought to yourself how good you felt.Do you remember the brilliant dialogue or did you see the Romeo in you admiring the female lead.

Films can be a quick fix if your feeling down,they can be whatever they want you to be.I sometimes wonder what the average joe next to me is thinking about the same film at the cinema,are they feeling the same sense of intensity and are they just sitting there just trying to find some of their own lifes unanswered questions.:confused:

I remember watching some of the Rocky films at the flicks and it inspired me to try harder when the chips were down.
It almost made the ending of Heat acceptable to me,even though i didn't want or expect the film to end in this fashion,however it was quite philisophical and triggered all kinds of emotions in me.

The Count Of Monte Cristo was another film i saw on the silver screen and this inspired me not to give up and was all about hope and man's inner most fear and how one should overcome it.

It could be a comedy a thriller or even a romantic film that started the
new chapter in your life, the drive home after the two hour escapade you had been on made you see the world in a new way altogether.

Life is all a big film and the plot unfolds in many different directions especially when you don't notice it!

Celebration of one's art he has created is an inspiration to those who truly study it:)

Last edited:

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Rocky inspired me to work out harder and still does to this day. The opening music has inspired a generation of boxers and other athelete's.

Snatch

Not sure inspired is the right word but Jaws made an impact on my life, so much so, i don't go swimming in the sea, despite the fact i am a very strong swimmer.
If we are talking inspiration, that would be Malcolm X, braveheart, Ghandhi etc etc

Sameish thing when we were kids we watched a Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee movie cant remeber which one.
When it was over we went outside full of Karateism and me m8 ran jumped in air doing a flying kick
at nobody and landed on the kerb on his hip.
I still laugh out loud every single time that i think of it. And have to tell people why i suddenly laugh for no reason lol

things you do when your 40 hehe

goodtimes

Heat taught me that you dont really know if youve learnt the lesson till the chips are down.
great movie inspired me heaps.
probably the first to give me a hard push was Out Of Africa.
I balled my young adults eyes out in the gentle mans club scene.
still would too.

Disney inspired me to become an animator.
Akira inspired me to make 3D models of the cool motorbikes.
Matrix Reloaded inspired me to time music to action events.
Moulin Rouge inspired me to add rock beats to music tracks on my synthesiser.
Monkey Tv series inspired me to make a Monkey Computer Game.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
really?? it made me think 'how the Oscar's could award this generalized racial mess!!

That particular scene? Regardless of the rest of the film, that particular scene brought together several threads quite nicely and showed that kids often think a great deal about their parents in wonderful ways.

Fargo is an excellent film, however, what did it inspire you to do? Hopefully nothing to do with wood chippers ;)

Last edited:

Water your plants

Distinguished Member
That particular scene? Regardless of the rest of the film, that particular scene brought together several threads quite nicely and showed that kids often think a great deal about their parents in wonderful ways.

Fargo is an excellent film, however, what did it inspire you to do? Hopefully nothing to do with wood chippers ;)

no nothing to do with the wood chippers!! it was one of the first films i had seen that showed that a life of crime is not on the slightest glamorous and there is nothing at all wrong with living the so called 'boring life'.....quite refreshing for a teen bombarded by the highly praised tarantino flicks at around the same time.

As much as i hate crash ( i do like it as a comedy tho! ) that scene is particularly moving.....that little girl is so sweet.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
no nothing to do with the wood chippers!! it was one of the first films i had seen that showed that a life of crime is not on the slightest glamorous and there is nothing at all wrong with living the so called 'boring life'.....quite refreshing for a teen bombarded by the highly praised tarantino flicks at around the same time.

It inspired me to say "Kinda Funny Luckin" far too many times, in fact, I bet I say it tonight and get a clip round the ear from the other half in an attempt to curb the catchphrase in it's tracks :D

Dave Weystoner

To save me watching the whole film again (too many coincidences for me to suspend disbelief), which is the coat scene?

Meanwhile I'll think of a film that inspired me, other than those which pushed me into juvenile deliquency.

Dave

Sonic67

Banned
Fight Club

"The things you own end up owning you.”

How very,very true.

Said the exact same thing to my mate when he was buying £100 trainers.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
To save me watching the whole film again (too many coincidences for me to suspend disbelief), which is the coat scene?

Spoiler reply..
the little girl was given an invisible cloak by her father to protect her from everything. Later in the film, her Dad is held up by a disgruntled client at gun point. The little girl tells her mum that he doesn't have the cloak and rushes into her Dads arms to shield him at the same point the angry client shoots. The girl is seemingly shot in the back saving her Dad.
..end

ray100

Standard Member
One inspiring film I have watched is Rudy, starring Sean Astin. A real life drama based on a man who was not particularly talented, but went to Notre Dame university in US and played a game for their football team which was his dream. He achieved this by tenacity, hard work and determination.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio