Films you have walked out of

Back to walk outs.
I walked out of "Bridges over maddison county" Not becoz its a bad film but because the girl I was with wanted to take me home!

AML said:
Back to walk outs.
I walked out of "Bridges over maddison county" Not becoz its a bad film but because the girl I was with wanted to take me home!
Best reason.........EVER :)

Y'know, its not a new thing to walk out on a film.

Us slighltly older ones experienced such a phenomenon too :lesson:

Ahem - I remember walking out of 'What The Butler Saw - 3D' in 1974 :devil: :devil: :devil: Some dodgy cinema in Glasgow with those stupid coloured specs.

Which, I might add, for someone with specs anyway had to be torn in 2 and stuffed behind each lens!!!

I got so fed up trying to gawp at those bad acting busty (I think) wannabees - severely out-of focus - I escaped for a curry :thumbsup: Promptly followed five minutes later by my mates who couldn't be bothered either :D :D :D

Ah for the good old days

I do remember people walking out at the recent re-release of Alien!!?!?!? Madness I tell you

Having just read all 6 pages of this thread i can't say i'm shocked by the films people have walked out on, well one springs to mind - someone walked out after 3 hours of Magnolia as nothing had happened, but its after 3 hours that all the stories start to get wrapped up! - what astounds me the most is that you paid money to go see them in the first place iirc sadmuppet put that he walked out on Torque, why on gods earth were you there in the first place? strange fog covering the entrance and you thought it was a bar?!? :)

Back on topic - can't think of anything ive walked out on at the cinema but i can remember turning off A Simple Plan on dvd, not sure what it was, think it might of been the general :censored:ness that made me do it.

Quote:
"Can't get my read round everyone bashing the Thin Red Line. An absolute stone cold masterpiece. Saw it at the cinema. Awesome."

I can't get my head around people defending this. I mean for a whole cinema to groan when they thought it was going to continue at the end but only to show such relief (as someone escaping death row can show) when the credit rolled and they could leave.

Might also add to the comments that all Nick Cage films should have a refund option if you leave in the first half - they're that bad

I can't believe there are people who absolutely hate Ace Ventura. I saw this when I was 8, loved every minute and was first in line for the sequel the following year. I bought them on DVD last year and still adore them. I can understand there are people who don't like Jim Carrey's style but there is much more offensively bad comedy than this. If you watch 'The Master of Disguise' featuring Dana Carvey (Garth in Wayne's World) in a career destroying role it will permanently redefine your views of what crappyness is, I guarantee it.

elicash73 said:
Do you even like movies?
Granted some are pretty bland but certainly not walk outs.
As I said, I haven't walked out of a cinema in years, the list comprises DVD's I wish I hadn't bothered with. But there's the rub, one needs to try them to find out they're rubbish.

And to set the record straight, here are a few I do like, again in no particular order;

Field of Dreams
Layer Cake
Shawshank Redemption
The Terminal
The Score
Heat
Collateral
Saving Private Ryan
Dances With Wolves
Open Range
Basic
Blazing Saddles
Get Carter (the original)
Fight Club
Get Shorty
Road To Perdition
Snatch
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Cider House Rules
The House Of Sand And Fog*
Sexy Beast*
Lockstock An Two Smoking Barrels
Last Of The Mohicans
The Duellists
The Silence Of The Lambs
The Usual Suspects
Good Will Hunting**

*(Two awesome performances from Ben Kingsley)
**(This is one I change my mind about. Dismissed it the first time, but have since re-evaluated it).

I can't believe there are people who absolutely hate Ace Ventura. I saw this when I was 8, loved every minute and was first in line for the sequel the following year. I bought them on DVD last year and still adore them. I can understand there are people who don't like Jim Carrey's style but there is much more offensively bad comedy than this.

Couldn't agree more.... The first Ace Ventura is my laugh out loud favourite movie.

Three films that I have walked out of/wish I could get my time back are:

The Hulk (disjointed/unstructured/why oh why did the green thing keep bouncing and bouncing and bouncing...)

Magnolia (all the stories eventually coming together, Great??? Did I care by then, eh no!)

Boxing Helena ( the point was??? - even Sherilyn Fenns 'best bits' couldn't save it...)

Boogeyman the new horror.

I just walked out of my HC leaving the missus alone. Think Darkness Falls but worse, and that is saying something.

I've never walked out, but wished I did for these:

Signs
Darkness Falls
Matrix Revolutions
Spiderman 2
The Grudge
Constantine
The Interpreter
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Never walked out in the cinema, but DVD's I have switched off are:-

I heart Huckabees (WTF were they on)

Enduring Love(One of the worst films I have ever watched)

Was sorely tempted to read the forums instead while watching Napoleon Dynamite

In fact, I have walked out on a movie in the cinema. It was Star Wars episode IV, the "Special edition" rerelease a few years ago. After getting all worked up, a combination of terrible video and audio quality and my need for nicotine conspired to make me walk out after 20 minutes to get trashed in the bar next door. My mates joined me after the movie. We never went to see the rest of the trilogy....

On another tack, I cannot comprehend how anybody could dislike Magnolia, the ultimate drink a lot, switch the phone off, totally immerse yourself in a beautiful story, soundtrack and characters movie.

brock_landers said:
Was sorely tempted to read the forums instead while watching Napoleon Dynamite

goes to show eh, i thought this was one of the funniest films of the year.
PEDRO IS THE MAN!!!

gary

How about films you have just about fallen asleep watching whilst in a packed cinema. The only time I have ever done this was when watching 'Ocean's 12' in February. A complete yawnfest and, for me, one of the worst sequels ever made when compared to the brilliance of the first. I mean, I loved 'The Matrix' and although the sequels were disappointing, they weren't anywhere near as poor as this.

Funny you should mention the Matrix and sleeping. I went to see it 4 or 5 times in the cinema (UGC card) and fell asleep each time. I mean, the action scenes were mind-blowing, but the rest of it, dear god.. The second two did get worse, though.

markwpage said:
How about films you have just about fallen asleep watching whilst in a packed cinema. The only time I have ever done this was when watching 'Ocean's 12' in February. A complete yawnfest and, for me, one of the worst sequels ever made when compared to the brilliance of the first. I mean, I loved 'The Matrix' and although the sequels were disappointing, they weren't anywhere near as poor as this.

It wasn't a film but fell asleep(twice) during the BBMak set when they supported The Corrs at the Nottingham Ice Arena a couple of years ago, got woken up by the people I went with :rolleyes:

Another one id like to add to this list. Finally watched 'The Village' last night and ive got to say i wasnt impressed.

Walked out of the Next Friday, but enjoyed a few years later at home. Walked out of the Patriot with about ten minutes to go, it really just went along too long and was struggling to wrap itself up it felt to me.
Shockingly when i went to see The Royal Tenanbaums(a masterpiece) and the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou(another masterpiece) many people walked out i think with the casts involved they were excpecting more slapstick or something. To be honest they did resemble the Vicky Pollards of this world.

I can't believe it! some people agree with me.

I loved The Matrix but saw it way after most people as I didn't really think I would like it, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yet when I saw 2 and 3 and said I thought they had lost everything that made the first so good EVERYONE i knew shot me down in flames. At last I know I wasn't alone.

Hav'nt ever, but very nearly walked out of The Pledge. A more dull film I have not seen :boring:

Thunder said:
Hav'nt ever, but very nearly walked out of The Pledge. A more dull film I have not seen :boring:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You are joking, right?

As no-one else has mentioned it, I will. Fifth Element. Got it on DVD when it first came out and was watching it round a mate's house. After about half an hour we both looked at one another and said 'what on *earth* is going on with this film?' ...then switched it off to go and play SWOS instead. (off-topic: shows you how long ago it was! bonus points for anyone who knows what SWOS is ;) !

FruitBat said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You are joking, right?

What never walking out or hating the pledge? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom