Films with great Picture Quality on Sky HD

Last edited:
Watchmen comes on soon, the Blu-ray was probably as good as Transformers so let's hope Sky do a good job. The shame is the film is so long I found it hard going (even though it was good), I hate to think how long the Directors Cut with ~30mins extra would feel.

Very rare I post here, but the film "Bottle Shock" on Anytime was stunning.

Very rare I post here
Because you're such a prolific poster in other sections of the forum? Sorry I couldn't resist :devil: :D

Last edited:
Ok watched Antichrist last night was great PQ but disturbing movie and very explicit

Ok watched Antichrist last night was great PQ but disturbing movie and very explicit

Can I just check is this on Box Office or is it one of the new films on Anytime/premier today? Not at home so can't check. Would like to see this film but note your feedback.

Can I just check is this on Box Office or is it one of the new films on Anytime/premier today? Not at home so can't check. Would like to see this film but note your feedback.

Hi was on boxoffice

Titanic- maybe the best hd film i have seen if you disregard cartoon/animation films

Titanic on c4 hd last night wasn't as good as it is on the sky movies hd channels. I think MGM has had some good hd stuff on it since it was released i saw The Birds the other week you could of passed it for a 2010 film.

Last edited:
Watched The Deal with Meg Ryan in over the weekend thought it looked very nice

The Good, the Bad, the Weird looks pretty darn good to me. People may be put of by the fact it is a Korean western but it is an absolute belter of a film. Think its lurking on Sky Indie now, have noticed it a few times in the EPG recently, def worth a punt.

Gamer on Sky Anytime looks fantastic at the moment. Shot with Red One cameras which explains the staggering level of detail. Facial detail on close-up shots on Gerard Butler and John Leguizamo are amazing. The film alternates between some extremely colourful scenes and some very dark, grimy and industrial action sequences. All beautifully presented. The film itself is enjoyable enough but nothing to write home about. Pure popcorn entertainment for a couple of hours.

The only disappointment is that for some inexplicable reason its not in Dolby Digital. My receiver tells me its Dolby Surround 2.0. My receiver does a fine job processing it with Pro Logic II but considering the original audio track is DTS-HD MA 7.1, I was expecting at least a thumping 5.1 Dolby track.

Worth checking out.

The only disappointment is that for some inexplicable reason its not in Dolby Digital. My receiver tells me its Dolby Surround 2.0. My receiver does a fine job processing it with Pro Logic II but considering the original audio track is DTS-HD MA 7.1, I was expecting at least a thumping 5.1 Dolby track.

Worth checking out.

Bizarre, I wonder if the regular broadcast is 5.1 and the Anytime was just an anomaly.

Starburst - yes I think it could be. The vast majority of movies on the Sky HD channels are in Dolby Digital 5.1 (many sounding really fantastic) but occasionally there are one or two in Dolby 2.0. Often they are older movies and ones that don't get an airing that often so I presume that the masters Sky have for these films are old and the studio haven't granted them a full restoration/HD transfer. But there is no excuse for a film like Gamer which is brand new and has been particularly praised for its lossless audio (one of the few in 7.1 as well).

Either way, worth checking out for the stunning PQ!

Star Trek (the one with Kirk before he becomes Capt Kirk). Simply stunning.

The Wizard Of Oz - for a 1930s film looks great in hd on sky.

Just watching a spot of Battle of the Bulge and that looks good with a nice clean transfer. Not bad for a 45 year old film. :)

I always see District 9 being mentioned as up there with the best of the Blu-Ray transfers. Lets see what Sky can do with it when it goes on Premier and Anytime on 10th September. It's a movie I have yet to watch too, so I'll look forward to it.

I always see District 9 being mentioned as up there with the best of the Blu-Ray transfers. Lets see what Sky can do with it when it goes on Premier and Anytime on 10th September. It's a movie I have yet to watch too, so I'll look forward to it.

Should be good as was nice when i watched it from Box Office.

I always see District 9 being mentioned as up there with the best of the Blu-Ray transfers. .

Probably because it was shot on video and not film - mostly on Red One cameras. I assume the transfer of such material to Blu-ray stays entirely within the digital domain and the result should be as good as it gets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom