Films to avoid... The worst films you have ever seen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pincho Paxton

Ex Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the worst film I ever saw, and it was a DVD that I hired.. thank God I didn't buy it!

This film had several quotes on the back that reccomend it for viewing!

This film had 4 stars on the back!

The special effects were like this...

Someone would hold a twig in front of the camera, and the camera would chase someone through the woods. So it looked like you were being chased by a twig.

The film was called Wendigo... really sucks.

Anyway.. I just noticed that Mr and Mrs Smith is coming out on Blue-Ray.. I have that in a 3 disc set.. that is also one of the worst films I have ever seen.. and HULK.

Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever saw. That is unless it picked up after the first 45 minutes when I turned it off

Last Man Standing - with Bruce Willis - completly waste of two hours of my life - the only reason I didnt walk out was the fact that I had actually paid to see it. (an I lived in hope that it might get better, no hope of that!!)

the remake of psycho, it is the only time i have walked out of a cinema half way through a movie.

Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever saw. That is unless it picked up after the first 45 minutes when I turned it off

i liked that movie, i also liked the remake of psycho with vince vaughn. apparently i am the only person in the world apart from gus van sant and anyone else who had anything to do with the movie that actually admits to liking it. there's not as many jokes as the other vince vaugh flicks, i admit, but it wasn't that bad

i think drawing flies is probably the worst film i've saw, it's on my "worst dvd i own" list anyways. apart from that, blair witch was an absolute crock of crap, and i've seen sequels to 8mm and the net (the telly was rubbish that night)

Kung pow: Enter the fist :thumbsdow The biggest pile of poo i have ever seen. Without doubt the worst movie i have seen in the last 30 years, i had to switch it off within 30 minutes it was that bad.:smashin:

Bladerunner and Charlies Angels 2 :suicide:

Bladerunner? you cannot be serious it's a cult classic, I don't see how it can be the very worst film you have ever seen in your life.

Story of Us.
Punch Drunk Love.
Devdas (Hindi).

More utterly crap ones around - but these seem the most traumatising.

Bladerunner? you cannot be serious it's a cult classic, I don't see how it can be the very worst film you have ever seen in your life.

and i loved both charlies angels even more than bladerunner. no stupid voice overs!

Solaris for me..

Felt like it owed me 2 hours of my life back

Silent Hill, fell asleep after 20 mins, woke up an hour later, watched another 20 mins and then walked out.

I also only got 45 mins into Punc hdrunk love as well!! Catwomen was pretty bad as was Batman and Robin.

Solaris for me..

Ohh yeah Solaris is probably as bad as Wendigo. And Open Water is probably as bad as both as well.

Off the top of my head...

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - One of the worst book adaptations I have seen in the respect that its fidelity is way too high. It's not a badly made film really, but it annoys me when directors don't get that a film and a book are two entirely different art forms.

The Blair Witch Project - Over-rated amateurish crap. I have personally made better films with a Hi-8 camcorder.

Christmas With The Kranks - The poorest film I have actually paid to see. Interestingly, it's another film produced by Chris Columbus (Potter being the other) though I'll give him credit; he did direct the best two Home Alone films.

Ocean's Twelve - The only film I have paid to see and fallen asleep in the cinema whilst watching. Upon watching it again on a plane it improved in my (now open) eyes but it's still a dull, self-congratulatory film that has almost no purpose whatsoever. What makes things worse is how excellent the first one was.

...and the most boring film of all time is...

La Chinoise - This Jean-Luc Godard film is a big hit with faux-intellectuals who ignore its total disregard for all elements that constitute a decent film. As a documentary (which it really isn't supposed to be) it still stinks. Watching this at university was one of the most painfully crushing things I have ever done. People left the screening room absolutely speechless as to how up its own arse the film we had just witnessed was. Basically, it makes 8½ seem like a thriller.

The Blair Witch Project - Over-rated amateurish crap. I have personally made better films with a Hi-8 camcorder.

This is the scariest film I have ever seen, it utterly ruined me, if I had not gone to see it with this fit Australian bird and her four surfer style girlfriends I would have walked out.

It probably did not help that I was living in the Blue Mountains (the middle of the woods) in Australia with her at the time.

Solaris for me..

You wanna try the Russian original (if that's not the one you're referring to) a 20min or so drive along a motorway, in real time, three people talking about nothing in particualr :suicide:

Punch-Drunk Love is one of my absolute favourite films (my personal fave of PT Anderson's work), so to see it ripped into and called "dumb" (when this could not be further from the truth) by people who cannot even be bothered to watch the whole film is seriously depressing.

Vulgar!.......:thumbsdow

if you think vulgar is bad, checkout drawing flies, it makes vulgar seem like spiderman or some other hollywood popcorn flick. i could at least watch vulgar unrated cut from start to end. i think those flicks make you appreciate kevin smiths work more, as you can see that folks who grew up and knew him, even with some of the same actors, still can't make a decent flick, so it's not like he just got lucky

Off the top of my head...

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - One of the worst book adaptations I have seen in the respect that its fidelity is way too high. It's not a badly made film really, but it annoys me when directors don't get that a film and a book are two entirely different art forms.

I quite liked "Philosopher's Stone".

However, seeing "Chamber of Secrets" at my local cinema ruined the Harry Potter franchise for me and I haven't seen another since. :thumbsdow

Worst movie ever?

Lady in the water.

I have never seen such a bad movie.

Vanilla sky
Bladerunner
Minority Report
Analyse That
10 ways to lose a man.............(she did)!!!:rotfl:

if you think vulgar is bad, checkout drawing flies, it makes vulgar seem like spiderman or some other hollywood popcorn flick. i could at least watch vulgar unrated cut from start to end. i think those flicks make you appreciate kevin smiths work more, as you can see that folks who grew up and knew him, even with some of the same actors, still can't make a decent flick, so it's not like he just got lucky

I agree about Drawing Flies, the only reason I was even more disapointed by Vulgar was the artwork & the premise offered what I thought was going to be one cool indy movie! Add to the fact that poor old 'Dante' is subjected to a good ol' ass raping also left me wishing I set fire to the dvd before i put it in my player!

Check out 'A Better Place' instead! Cracking little movie! :smashin:

I agree about Drawing Flies, the only reason I was even more disapointed by Vulgar was the artwork & the premise offered what I thought was going to be one cool indy movie! Add to the fact that poor old 'Dante' is subjected to a good ol' ass raping also left me wishing I set fire to the dvd before i put it in my player!

Check out 'A Better Place' instead! Cracking little movie! :smashin:

i dunno a better place. i presume it's another view askew related flick?

anyways, so many movies listed here like charlies angels, minority report, vanilla sky, etc that i loved. even the lady in the lake wasn't that bad, and i usually hate m knight chamone man's flicks

i agree that solaris is a complete load of crap however. i remember seeing the original russian flick on tv years ago and was fascinated with it, but altho i picked it up on dvd i haven't felt inclined to rewatch it yet. i'm waiting on someone giving me some strong drugs first

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom