Films that use the Chewbacca defence

B

bobbles

What films use the Chewbacca defence

i.e. DO NOT MAKE SENSE

this thread is prompted by Reign of Fire - cool dragons but!

IT DID NOT MAKE SENSE

huge huge plot holes

and before anyone nominates Mulholland Drive, it did make sense sort of, i think.

:p

Originally posted by bobbles
and before anyone nominates Mulholland Drive, it did make sense sort of, i think.
David Lynch movies make perfect sense. You'd be hard pushed to find any plot holes. Anyone who thinks they don't make sense has simply not understood them ... yet. ;) You should try "Lost Highway" - now there's a movie to really fry your brain! Again, no plot holes though.

BTW, what happened to Arsey? :confused:

Spectre made me change it

Obviously thought Arsey was Offensive

Not sure why

UC my initials are R C - Arsey

and arsey means grumpy in the midlands

so i'm arsey by name and nature

might try lost highway i thought mulholland drive was great

I would like to point out that everything that Chewbacca said made perfect sense to Han Solo.

But enough pedantry........

Films with plot holes is a bit like politicians that lie. There's a lot of them about.

I always smirk at scientific faux-pas, as all it takes is a little research to get your fact straight. Take "Fantastic Voyage" for example.

The basic premise of shrinking an object is interesting. You cannot reduce the amount of atoms that make it. It really comes down to moving them closer together. OK, that is fair enough, but the process would not alter the objects inherent weight. Thus once you've shrunk your submarine, it would still weigh it's original tonnage. Now I think that injecting something, however small, that weighs somewhere in excess of 100 tons,into the human body, is very silly and dangerous.

Has anyone ever seen a film called The Delivery? It's a Dutch film I think, and it seems to have every plot known to man in it. There's drugs, car chases, adultry, well that's all I can think of now, but I was really good. I don't think any of the plots made sence, but it was enjoyable.

You should try "Lost Highway" - now there's a movie to really fry your brain! Again, no plot holes though.
I think I might need a few clues to help me with this one then.

The Chewbacca defence is a south park reference in the chef aid episode

Chef hears a song that Cartman can't get out his head and Chef says that he wrote that song over twenty years ago. When Chef and the boys visit the record company, the record company says they are going to sue him. Capitalist Records hires Johnny Cochran, who uses the Chewbacca defense, the same defense that he used in the Simpson trial. "It does not make sense." Chef's found guilty and is fined $2 million or he must spend 4 years in jail.

Trivia point.

Wookies were first refered to in Lucas's first cinema feature film THX 1138.

Shortly after THX-1138 steals a police car, and shortly before his fellow escapee crashes the one he tries to steal, you can hear someone on the radio say, "I think I ran over a wookie back there on the expressway."

Go figure.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom