1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films I watched on Hols Shrek and Day After

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Bassbin, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Bassbin

Mar 16, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Got back from a 2 week holiday in New York a few days ago and wathched the Shrek 2 and The Day after Tomorrow.

Shrek 2 is great and I was almost tempted to see it twice. I was also really impressed to see how much they'd improved the computer animation espicially skin/surface textures and facial expressions.

Day After Tomorrow was also good but what made it special was the fact that the New York library (one of the main locations) was about 100 yards from the hotel and we'd spent a few days walking around all the other locations.

The cinemas we went to had much better/bigger screens than the average UK multiplex but I did find the sound lacking slightly. I got the feeling the bass was prehaps turned down or the lowest frequencies cut off to aviod sound penetrating into the surrounding screens. That said I'm now used to a twin servo setup so I may just have got used to the difference.