Films for a 2year old :S

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My GF's kid loves watching films and is currently obsessed with watching finding nemo and the incredibles.

Anyone know of anything else that someone that age might love. Non-Disney if possible as she has a ton of those already ;)

Leaving cartoon-land, my 2/3 yo loves watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - can't get enough of the toot-sweets or main songs. Also gets a kick out of things like Calamity Jane or Singing in the Rain, or some bits of Oliver! Cartoon wise it's Winnie the Pooh. These are mostly watching the 'best bits' though, rather than end-to-end.

Get yourself a sky box and let him her watch baby TV - excellent for a two year old..

BB

Spongebob Squarepants The Movie
Little Nemo
Kiki's Delivery Service

The Barbie films

Teletubbies.
Charlie & Lola.
Several others that are too traumatic to recall. :D

Madagascar 1 and 2
Jungle book
Ice Age 1, 2 ,3
Toy Story 1, 2

Shrek series
Over the hedge
Monsters inc
Shark tale
Magic Roundabout
Chicken little
Monster house
Labrynth
Looney toons
Trap Door

They are the ones my kids love the most.

I'm amazed a 2 year old will sit through an entire film!

always thought my little'un would only watch cartoons, but over xmas we had mary poppins on, she sat through the whole film glued to the tv didnt move, she recently watched wizard of oz and spent the whole night singing the songs. i think kids just love anything kind of film with songs/dancing/animals/children in. it dosnt have to be super cgi graphics etc just fun. Jungle book is always a winner.:smashin:

always thought my little'un would only watch cartoons, but over xmas we had mary poppins on, she sat through the whole film glued to the tv didnt move, she recently watched wizard of oz and spent the whole night singing the songs. i think kids just love anything kind of film with songs/dancing/animals/children in. it dosnt have to be super cgi graphics etc just fun. Jungle book is always a winner.:smashin:

Oh yes, and mary poppins. Wizard of Oz is good in places - might be a bit scary for some throughout though...

HI,

Most of Hayao Miyazaki's Japanese anime movies are highly recommended for kids, but his latest work "Ponyo" (aka "Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea") is definitely a young-kid-friendly film. (The dubbing is shockingly bad though, compared to the original audio and English subtitled edition.)

You may also want to consider some of Aardman Animations stuff like "Creature Comforts" (the original short film, and some of the TV series episodes); "Timmy Time" and "Shaun The Sheep" are both excellent, and have almost no dialogue to worry about (and "STS" is great for adults too)!

Don't forget some of the Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Pink Panther, and classic cartoon shows like "The Jetsons", "The Flintstones", et al, may also be worth a looksie.

Pooch

Shrek, Over The Hedge, Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Up, Happy Feet, Shark Tale.

Basically any animation and you can't go wrong mate.

Edit* How could I forget the awesome MONSTERS INC!

For a 2 year old I'd go for shorter stories (DVDs of several episodes for example) rather than full length movie.

My 2.5 years old doesn't yet watch whole movies because he's got the energy of a tornado and can't sit for more than 20 minutes, let alone 1.5 hours.

Some of the short ones he likes: Pingu, Tigger and Pooh, Peppa Pig, Dora or Diego the Explorer and his all time favourite: Thomas The Tank Engine

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom