Filmmaker mode conflicting with Dolby Vision IQ mode ? [PANASONIC OLED TV]

Link00000

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

My TV model is the Panasonic JZ1000 and i'm just wondering, does the Dolby Vision IQ mode is somehow conflicting with the filmmaker mode ?

When i'm playing a Dolby Vision movie, the mention appears on the top right corner of the screen and the TV switches automatically to Dolby Vision IQ mode. But when i'm looking into the details of this mode, Intelligent Frame Creation and other stuff are set on "very low".

The thing is, I can't select the Filmmaker mode, the tv lets me choose between only Dolby Vision IQ / Dolby Vision Dark and Dolby Vision Bright.

But throught the shortcuts of the TV menus I can select Filmmaker mode and when I do, screens turns a little bit brighter and the Intelligent Frame Creation and other stuff are all "desactivated".

Then the shortcut menu seems kinda bugged (it's all black and I can't select anything else) but the mode seems to stays. If I go back to the regular TV menu, Dolby Vision IQ will be set by default again and Intelligent Frame Creation will go back to "very low" instead of "desactivated".

My question is: do the movie stays in Dolby Vision even if I force the TV into the Filmmaker mode to have a slightly brigther image and to desactivate the IFC option ?

I'm kind of confused. Dolby Vision seems to be conflicting with the filmmaker mode (which appears only on the menu shortcut). Other than that, I can only normally choose between Dolby Vision screen mode (IQ / bright / dark) but they all have Intelligent Frame Creation activated on very low.

Do I mess up something when I "force" the filmmaker mode to desactivate superfluous options ? I would like to keep watching the movie in Dolby Vision ahah. (the mention still appears in the top right corner when I press the info button of course).

If you already experienced this, let me know :)
Thanks!

Hmm, I normally just watch in dolby vision Dark mode for D vision content, I find it's plenty bright enough and I can still adjust most picture settings including IFC, intensity, contrast etc, there are less options with Netflix Calibrated mode if using Netflix but I have the older HZ2000 model.

For all other TV viewing I watch in the "custom preset" where I can have the pic exactly as I want it. I then copy that preset once I'm happy with it to all other inputs, sat, tv, youtube, Netflix HD, BluRay etc (there is the option to do this further down the menu) this saves you having to go through the process all over again when you watch a different input like your DVD player or youtube for instance. There will still be different picture modes that will activate automatically from time to time depending what you are viewing and you can adjust them or just switch to a different picture preset (filmmaker if you want) if you are not happy with it. Personally I didn't care for any of the Panasonic Factory presets, so changed them all for my liking.

I just found there were too many different modes to play with on these TV's because once you set the picture up for one input/freeview/youtube etc it will change again (unless you save it for all other inputs)
For instance, if I watch TV using the inbuilt freeview channels and set the picture up for that using the custom preset, if I change to my satellite receiver the picture preset might change or look different unless you set it up the same or copied the settings over from watching the inbuilt freeview.
Once you have got all the picture settings set up how you like it on ALL inputs , TV, sat, dvd, Netflix it WILL remember them all, It can be a little confusing TBH, my last TV was a lot simpler, once I set the picture up it was the same for all inputs, the Panasonic OLEDS are very customizable as are most of the new OLED's.

Dolby Vision Dark is the Dolby Vision equivalent of film maker mode. If I recall correctly, intelligent frame creation should not be on in this mode, but if it is just turn it off.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to turn off IFC when the TV is in dolby vision IQ / Dark mode :(.

You can't disable IFC in DV IQ mode, but you can in DV Dark Mode.

Ohhhhh Ok ! I didn't know that.... I thought it was similar as IQ mode. Thx a lot !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom