Film 'the Eye'

M

mazon2709

I saw this movie last night and it blew me away, one of the scariest movies ever! I'm not sure if it has a nationwide release but if you get the chance go see it. It is in the original mandarin with subtitles but don't let that put you off.It really does make most American films seem lacklustre when it comes to scares.

I've heard mixed reports. The premise sounds ever so slightly like 1994's 'Blink' but a more supernatural/horror based.

Quite fancy seeing this one but did read that the ending is a bit of a let down?

The ending is a bit of relief after what goes on before.I don't scare easy.I've seen hundreds of horror movies and this one just creeped me out!!!

Originally posted by jrwood
passed with no cuts...

Although cuts, or lack of, don't indicate a film's 'scariness', just the the BBFC's archaic ignorance in the case where cuts are made.

This film is really good, if you liked 'The Ring' you will like this. I didnt find both of these films mind numbingly scary but they were good eery films. I like these Japanese films, if your bored of the usual explosions/random gunfire in movies take the time to view these movies.

Anyone recommend some more Japanese movies?, I have seen 'Battle Royale', all 'The Ring' movies and recently 'The Eye'

/James

Will be ordering 'the Eye' along with 'Dark water' (from the creators of the Ring) from dddhoouse as soon as i get paid.
Japanese (scary) movies i liked all brought from dddhouse
Kakashi (scarecrow) Scarecrows come to life
Uzamaki - People see spirals every where and go insane - superb visuals very wierd but very creepy
St Johns Wort - Great Haunted house movie - great use of Digital camera/ visuals and a superb DTS track
Theres a lot more that i havent seen yet that have had good reviews - Versus, Happiness of the Katakuris, Ichi the Killer (HK release is cut by over 15mins), Another Heaven, Crossfire, Gemini, Hypnosis, Kairo (pulse)
Plus dont forget there are some great Korean movies as well -
Ring virus, Bloody beach, City horror series, Momento Mori, Nightmare, etc

Saw this on Sat in Notting Hill, very 6th sense sort of film, but did have my gf jumping in her seat. Later that night I woke up around 3am to shut a window as the wind was blowing around, and then scenes of the movie entered my mind, I rushed back to bed and held onto my gf! yup its that sort of film

Too many to mention and it depends on what you are looking for and taste. I have however found very valuable and helpful information on all kinds of asian films from www.kfccinema.com

Hope this helps.

cheers will checkout some of the movies mentioned and the website :)

/James

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom