Film Review: Spider-Man: Homecoming

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas, hoping to go this Sunday with the kids. :)

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the spot on review Cas though it drops a point for me to a strong 7. The final act saved it for me and props it above Spider-Man 3 in the web slinging film league.
I don't have the time to post my thoughts in full here but let's say my views are this is a Spidey film for the smart phone zombie generation. I agree that it has to be brought into line with the current crop of Marvel films but for me, doing that took away what makes Parker web head...until he lost the suit.
I had really high hopes for this and when the Marvel logo unraveled at the begining the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end.

Not a stinker by any stretch but certainly not a Winter Soldier. Seen a gushing review over on Blu-ray . Com that gives it a 10...this review so so is nearer the mark.

Thanks again for the honest review. I will still see it again - after all isn't that what 7 year old 21st century smartphone zombie grandsons are for...? :)

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
OT but, did they show The Last Jedi trailer before the movie started?

I have a feeling that was another baseless speculation.

Paul

crabby09

My 4 year old girl LOVES Spiderman... She's literally in her Spiderman costume every waking moment she isn't in her school uniform.

She's seen the adverts and really wants to see the film... Most adult film I think she's seen is Kubo which had her big sister bawling her eyes at the end but saw her skipping out having enjoyed it.

I'm guessing you guys think I'm nuts even thinking about taking my four year old! But, as I have most Marvel films, if she can sit through others in the genre I guess we'd be ok? The trouble will be if it's not Spiderman I don't know if she'll bother to sit through another film.

Opinions of this film, other films I could try on her etc would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to miss the opportunity if it would work. :D

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
My 4 year old girl LOVES Spiderman... She's literally in her Spiderman costume every waking moment she isn't in her school uniform.

She's seen the adverts and really wants to see the film... Most adult film I think she's seen is Kubo which had her big sister bawling her eyes at the end but saw her skipping out having enjoyed it.

I'm guessing you guys think I'm nuts even thinking about taking my four year old! But, as I have most Marvel films, if she can sit through others in the genre I guess we'd be ok? The trouble will be if it's not Spiderman I don't know if she'll bother to sit through another film.

Opinions of this film, other films I could try on her etc would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to miss the opportunity if it would work. :D

My four year old daughter, in my opinion, is too young for any of the MCU thus far, beyond a few mad moments and clips I've shown her (she's mad about superheroes, so it's been tough holding back).

However this is the first film I am genuinely thinking she might be able to handle. Sure, some of the battles, particularly towards the end, get a bit manic. And yes there's a couple of unnecessary swear worlds, but overall it's a very fun movie that maybe, just maybe she's ready for.

Would I take her to the cinema for it? Maybe not, I'd probably wait for it at home just in case.

But if you're saying your 4 year old can handle the rest of the MCU, this should be a walk in the park.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas,
Looking forward to this one, Could
See this being available as UHD :)

raduv1

Distinguished Member

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Great review @Casimir Harlow and a shame that i won't be able to catch this at the cinema unless it has a strong long run . I've already pre ordered the UHD because of this sad state of affairs.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Went to see this last night with my son and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.
The first 5 minutes did have me thinking to myself 'what the hell am I watching' but it settled down and it was entertaining throughout.
I would highly recommend it to all as a family film.
And discovering who MJ is at the end was something I didn't expect :)

Last edited by a moderator:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Yup, that and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2!

You sure on the pre order side ? James Gunn has said it's a thing but no pre orders up as yet that I can find.

bertplucker

Im glad to see film makers have learned their lesson that you don't need to do full on sean connery panic mode and bring a overweight balding toby maguire back on a £50 million salary to destroy your vision with humourous quips setting the stage for roger moore style mucking about afterward.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom