• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Film Review - Colossal (2017)

Boooo

Established Member
I just checked this out and am very surprised by the rating you gave it! To have only 9 and 10/10 to play with for movies which have far more to them, not sure your scale is correct, but we all have different tastes! I went in knowing nothing about it, except Catwoman was in it and she's hot.

The first portion seemed okay and kind of what I was expecting, and even upto them realising what was going on but then when Sudeikis became 'serious', it just got terrible I thought. Very unnecessary.

Because Hathaway is hot, I gave it a 5/10, but that's admittedly a bit of a stretch. Wouldn't recommend watching, but when on sky movies maybe check it out.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Watched this tonight myself loved it/hated it thought it was well almost everything i enjoy in a movie besides playing it a little safe, excellent review thank you.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:

JimboH

Prominent Member
I wouldn't have watched this without reading your review, so thanks @Kumari Tilakawardane

I watched it tonight.... I'm not entirely sure what to make of it right now, but in many ways I think that's a good thing. :clap:

Furnace Inferno

Prominent Member
I just checked this out and am very surprised by the rating you gave it! To have only 9 and 10/10 to play with for movies which have far more to them, not sure your scale is correct, but we all have different tastes! I went in knowing nothing about it, except Catwoman was in it and she's hot.

The first portion seemed okay and kind of what I was expecting, and even upto them realising what was going on but then when Sudeikis became 'serious', it just got terrible I thought. Very unnecessary.

Because Hathaway is hot, I gave it a 5/10, but that's admittedly a bit of a stretch. Wouldn't recommend watching, but when on sky movies maybe check it out.
I don't think she is that hot, too skinny for a start :p.

Anyway I'm intrigued the trailers they are showing on TV make it look like Pacific Rim with cheesy lines and bad acting to match.

JimboH

Prominent Member
I don't think she is that hot, too skinny for a start :p.

Anyway I'm intrigued the trailers they are showing on TV make it look like Pacific Rim with cheesy lines and bad acting to match.
I wouldn't say bad acting, but it's definitely cheesy.... But almost like it's meant to be. It's self aware.

KoThreads

Prominent Member
I heard it reviewed yesterday afternoon and it got film of the week, I saw it yesterday early evening and wanted to leave. It's a film that doesn't know what it wants to be. Rubbish dialog and in all fairness a mess.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom