1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film Review: Annabelle Creation

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Sharuna Warner, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Sharuna Warner

Sharuna Warner

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +218
    2. Skull n Bones

Skull n Bones

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +654
      Thanks Sharuna, looking forward to this as enjoy all the Annabelle and Conjuring type genre

3. generalgizmo

generalgizmo

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +67
      The wife and I saw Annabelle last night and started off very well and thought good am in for a treat.. it was a bit slow in places the kids in the film acted very well but thought it dragged on a bit 3/4 of the way through... The 1st conjuring was great..2nd was ok but nowhere near as good..
      I think someone comes up with 1 good idea /film and drags as much as they can out of it with spin off after spin off it was like that in the 90s... It would be unfair or asking too much expecting horrors to be as great as classics like Halloween. . Exorcist or the Thing but after watching the genre for 3 decades I could probably note 10 -20 that have stood out in the past 10+ years or so..
      Annabelle has some good scares but if your a horror fan like me youll find it a bit run of the mill..

4. Sharuna Warner

Sharuna Warner

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +218
      I think the issue is that horror films made nowadays have huge expectations and a hell of a lot to live up to... especially when, like you said, you consider some of the 'classics' ... But I guess you have to take this into consideration and cut a little bit of slack sometimes and take the newer films at face value. It is a shame that some films can't be like the old ones, but there are some stand out flicks that take inspiration from the old movies and turn out quite well - for example Ti West's The Inkeepers and The House Of The Devil which are two of my faves :thumbsup:

5. generalgizmo

generalgizmo

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +67
      Hi Sharuna Yes Ti West is good and I loved House of the devil, few others were dawn dead remake, nothing bad can happen, devil's rejects and the loved ones.. then the nasty ones like serbian film which is hard to watch.. I think your right with the expectations but I've learned to go with an open frame of mind... and not expect too much.. I will admit i started to watch horror from a too early age with friends older brothers etc through video nasty era etc... I do feel though much of the films are targeted more towards the teen masses rather than well thought out horror/thrillers.. as I mentioned in earlier thread the 90s was getting a bit drab then my faith was restored with the release of se7en. .. let's just hope there are more gems on the way.. :smashin: