film related games

dennis

Novice Member
how come they can knock out a game related film ie,iron man/golden compass etc so quick.
yet we still have months to wait for anything decent to be finished?.
alone in the dark etc,etc?
not that i would buy any of the film related ones.

Zeromajor

film licenses are usually just that - cash cows that have very short development times and as a result, aren't very good!

The last good one as far as I can remember was goldeneye on the n64, and even that came out a year after the film!

Mickus

how come they can knock out a game related film ie,iron man/golden compass etc so quick.
yet we still have months to wait for anything decent to be finished?.
alone in the dark etc,etc?
not that i would buy any of the film related ones.
Most are rubbish mainly due to time-scales I would imagine. Afterall, they have to release the game when the film ships to maximise the mug-factor....

*Edit*

LOL. My first scrubbed reply was:

"The first person who mentions 'Golden Eye' gets awarded the 'hero of the thread award'!!! Congrats MajorZero!

Zeromajor

Had to be said :D

dennis

Novice Member
cash cows:D,but yup you hit the nail on the head there.

aaaah golden eye and the n64,happy days.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
I would speculate its quick because they all use the same engine, all they need to do is design the levels, make the textures and character models, record the voice actors and bob's your uncle, one generic movie game. I bet the majority of the code from the Superman game is used in Ironman.

Zeromajor

Will this be the case for the upcoming Bond movie game?

They are set to use the same engine as COD4, so in theory is should be a good game.....:rolleyes:
I'm reserving judgement based on that info - Technically they can't go wrong - Follow the plot of the movie for the singleplayer and make the multiplayer identical to cod4 (ranking system, perks etc) but with maps ripped directly from the story mode.

They could have another goldeneye on their hands. (please let it be!)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom