1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Film Noir" fans click here...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by the_pauley, Mar 13, 2005.

1. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    The last year has been a great one for fans of film noir, with both independants and major studios bringing some of the really great ones to DVD, both well known and obscure.

Been buying quite a few lately, but just stumbled on this . "The Big Heat" is one of the really great ones, but I didn't even know it was available, let alone since 2001! Needless to say the order button was clicked (and yes DVD Soon discount bunnies, it's on their list and in stock too!).

Really drooling in anticipation of this one!

Managed to consign a huge amount of this stuff on VHS to the skip lately, mostly recorded from the BBC2 Saturday afternoon and Midnight Movie slots of years gone by where these were a staple. On scouring the net and entering titles at random it really is amazing how much is available - and most of it heading for my letter box! :D

Think my two weeks Easter break will be spent overdosing on these into the early hours!

2. pRot3us

pRot3us
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,001
    cheers :smashin:

another one added to my dvd pacific wishlist

I have way too many dvds to buy :blush:

I think the warner film noir boxset will be my next noir purchase though, their gangster boxset was excellent :clap:

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Can highly recommend the Warner box set. :smashin:

The Universal film noir series is good too. In particular "The Big Clock" is an obscure gem I never thought I'd get to replace on VHS with a DVD release.

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    What are Fox playing at?

A few months ago they pulled the release of "Laura" from their "Studio Classics Collection", as they were starting a "Film Noir Collection" and thought it more suitable for there. Fair enough.

But in the latest line up from the "Studio Classics Collection" they have "Leave her To Heaven" an absolutely top notch film noir. :confused:

Make your mind up Fox... :rolleyes: