Film doesn't fit....help please !

M

Mar©

I just recorded Harry Potter from television broadcast on my Panny's harddisk in XP-modus.

After removing the commercials, I ended with a film length of 2 h and 10 minutes.

I would like to burn it on a DVD-R in SP modus, but it doesn't fit....

Do I have to split the film and use two DVD-R's ?

Or is there a possibility to use "flex recording" ???
But I do not understand yet how it works ...

Thanks in advance...

Sorry, I found the FR-function and now the recorder accepts to record on the DVD-R....

But what DOES it exactly ???

Does the recorder records in SP and at the end is he switching to al lower quality ??? :rolleyes:

And as said, I am dubbing from HD to DVD-R and I have choosen "FR"...
But the recorder didn't ask a maximum lenght ?

Is it in this case impossible to chose the record lenght ? Is the recorder doing that by himself ???

Yes the recorder is using the time of the Harry Potter title on the HDD to determine the bit rate. In FR mode it is encoding with the max quality to fit the 2 hr + title to a 1 hour DVD-R. In effect the quality will be slightly below SP quality. This will still be very good, especially as you had highest quality (XP) source, but will be limited also by the original broadcast. If you recorded from Freeview will generally be better than analogue, assuming you have good freeview reception/antenna.

Thanks Adrianl, so the recorder calculates an "average" so than the film exactly fits in the highest possible quality.

Meanwhile, my film is finalized an when I put the DVD-R in my PC (PowrDVD),
it says video 3.51 Mbps and audio 256 Kps.

When I put the disk in a DVD-player to playback on my TV, the quality seems good.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom