Film Arena Exclusives List and Discussion Thread

I was the same as other peeps on here. Joined the gb on HDN and waited and waited only to be told group buy was scrapped and starting again. That was enough for me to quit with group buys and Filmarena.

I think that was the best option to be fair. There's a good chance that some of the people who originally signed up are no longer collecting or have changed their minds and so it would be a total nightmare for the organisers to sort out. That doesn't excuse the fact that it has taken this long for any progress on Dredd though. HDN really shouldn't allow group buys to be started until some basic details like artwork, price, release date etc. is in place. I suppose they don't care as they are raking it in through the fees they charge.

Yes it sucks the way they do it. They plastered my name and address all over Facebook claiming that the guy helping me out by picking it up to save on their rip off postage was using me as a front to get extra copies, I didn't even realise until I was told they'd done it by a mate.

Their CS is poor imo treat people like dirt when they decide to sell their own goods saying they are banned from future purchases yet they let certain people get several copies and make a fortune by scalping on eBay or Facebook.

That sounds bad mate. Funny how certain ebay seller's seem to get multiple copies to sell at what they want.

I remember having to stay up for the GB to open as I didn't want miss out. Seems it was for nothing.

Prices have been creeping up for a while now, I don't buy many these days due to this and the fact there seems to be too many releases.

downloadfile-2.jpg
Dredd edition 1

Looks good to me!

I agree it looks good, it's just a shame it's filmarena as I'm no longer buying from them :(

The GB for Dredd is now open on HDN if anyone is interested.

Well I decided against getting the Dredd SteelBook as £44 is a lot of money that could be put to better use
Wow £44 when did they increase that much, I paid £38 for straight outta compton but that was direct from filmarena. The group buys on hdn are good value as Karl does allow you to combine several titles to save on shipping.

Wow £44 when did they increase that much, I paid £38 for straight outta compton but that was direct from filmarena. The group buys on hdn are good value as Karl does allow you to combine several titles to save on shipping.
For E1 the prices on HDN are as follows:

Price: 1018 CZK (Czech Koruna) - Price Details: 900 CZK (SteelBook) + 60 CZK (Group Buy Fee) + 58 CZK (PayPal Fee)

Shipping to Europe: 1 to 2 FACs (1000g) 1st class recorded delivery - 320 CZK

Total is 1338 CZK = £44

I know Karl allows you to combine orders but I've only ever ordered one other SteelBook so I can't take advantage of that.

It's been a while since I ordered through the group buy but I remember elektra being around £24, how times change lol

I'd understand if the quality was improving but it seems it's just the price sneaking up all the time. I know it's still less than blufans but their releases are a lot better quality imo.

Last edited:
Five editions of Dredd, talk about milking collectors for all their worth

Is it much different to to say Kimchi doing 4 versions of Hateful 8?
[emoji43] I didn't realise they were tbh, it's a bit ott that they keep making several releases just to make more money

Collector's aren't forced to purchase multiple releases of the same film on steelbook. ;) It is okay to own just one version. :D

I used to buy every release but have stopped that now due to illness forcing me to work less and it got too expensive. I've never really got into HDzeta, kimchi or plain and only have a select few I like from these companies, if only I did this with the likes of filmarena I wouldn't have releases I've got no intention of watching lol.

I used to buy every release but have stopped that now due to illness forcing me to work less and it got too expensive. I've never really got into HDzeta, kimchi or plain and only have a select few I like from these companies, if only I did this with the likes of filmarena I wouldn't have releases I've got no intention of watching lol.
Why don't you sell the steels you don't intend to watch mate?

Why don't you sell the steels you don't intend to watch mate?
I would but can't be bothered to list on ebay as too much hassle and can't sell on here so limited to where I can sell them

I would but can't be bothered to list on ebay as too much hassle and can't sell on here so limited to where I can sell them
Fair enough. I rarely sell on the bay myself. It does come in handy though if you want to make some cash back on unwanted items. It frees up space in your collection too for steels you may actually want to watch. :D

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom