Film Arena Exclusives List and Discussion Thread

snooloui

Distinguished Member
The other issue of course is fluctuating value. I use fixed price/best offer listings at a price I am happy with and keep relisting until they are sold, that way you don't get the nasty surprises which can happen with auctions. It often takes a few months to shift the crappy ones but I usually get back what I paid and sometimes get more which is great. I even managed to sell a copy of the Japanese edition of Dredd for £40 when the going rate seems to be less than half and I am pretty sure there were cheaper listings at the time. :laugh:

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
The other issue of course is fluctuating value. I use fixed price/best offer listings at a price I am happy with and keep relisting until they are sold, that way you don't get the nasty surprises which can happen with auctions. It often takes a few months to shift the crappy ones but I usually get back what I paid and sometimes get more which is great.
I agree completely. Too much stress with no reserve auctions. Fixed Price/best offer is always the way to go when selling steels, even if it can take a while to shift some of them.

I even managed to sell a copy of the Japanese edition of Dredd for £40 when the going rate seems to be less than half and I am pretty sure there were cheaper listings at the time. :laugh:
You jammy so and so! :D

I also don't like ebay because too many chancers on there trying to scam you claiming items don't arrive or arrive damaged, my wife would love me to do a call as I've probably got over a thousand now and she's sick of it lol

Lights 31

I can't get my head around EBay, many times I have seen things sell on auction at higher prices than what is available at buy it now prices.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I can't get my head around EBay, many times I have seen things sell on auction at higher prices than what is available at buy it now prices.

That's eBay for you. I've seen it many times.
I've even bought items myself off Amazon and sold them on eBay for a profit. Whilst they are still for sale on Amazon at a reduced price. :laugh:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I also don't like ebay because too many chancers on there trying to scam you claiming items don't arrive or arrive damaged, my wife would love me to do a call as I've probably got over a thousand now and she's sick of it lol
Yup. Be careful of the bay. I had a nasty experience twice on there a few years back that made me swap to Amazon for selling. Not one problem on Amazon, the scammers dont appear to be there from what Ive noticed.

SFkilla

Distinguished Member
Yup. Be careful of the bay. I had a nasty experience twice on there a few years back that made me swap to Amazon for selling. Not one problem on Amazon, the scammers dont appear to be there from what Ive noticed.

eBay themselfs and Paypal are the scammers imo.
Amount of fees are simply not acceptable... eBay is even asking fees on the shipping costs now... a bad joke if you ask me.

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Fees are simply not acceptable... Paypal is even asking fees on the shipping costs now... a bad joke if you ask me.
Well Amazon fees are bad too but its the peace of mind. With them I dont have to worry.

Lights 31

Fees are simply not acceptable... Paypal is even asking fees on the shipping costs now... a bad joke if you ask me.

It was bad enough when ebay started to take a cut of postage costs.

snooloui

Distinguished Member

PayPal have always taken fees on the total amount including postage. :confused:

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
I always send items recorded delivery so I can keep track of them and can check when they are delivered.

snooloui

Distinguished Member
It looks like the next few are going to be mostly leftovers from the warehouse. The Expendables 1 and 2? Really? :laugh:

# 54 - 10 Cloverfield Lane
# 55 - X-Men: The Last Stand
# 56 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
# 57 - X-Men First Class
# 58 - The Wolverine
# 59 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
# 60 - The Expendables 1 and 2

Ronnie3067

Distinguished Member
It looks like the next few are going to be mostly leftovers from the warehouse. The Expendables 1 and 2? Really? :laugh:

# 54 - 10 Cloverfield Lane
# 55 - X-Men: The Last Stand
# 56 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
# 57 - X-Men First Class
# 58 - The Wolverine
# 59 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
# 60 - The Expendables 1 and 2
Perhaps gives some credence to the speculation that they have to take 'smaller' titles to secure the 'larger' ones?

SFkilla

Distinguished Member
I believe we can expect this Bad boy to be available from the UK soon.
Spot gloss and debossing.

Bad-Boys-steelbook-1-768x512.jpg
Bad-Boys-steelbook-5-768x512.jpg
Bad-Boys-steelbook-3-300x200.jpg
Bad-Boys-steelbook-4-300x200.jpg
Bad-Boys-steelbook-6-768x512.jpg

steve33shoreham

Anyone had problems with Filmarena?

I've been waiting for a refund for over a month but they have been stalling despite requesting my bank details and have now gone silent. Its only about £26 but its the principle.

steve33shoreham

I got an answer from them this morning, their bank manager was on holiday and they did make the payment but it was returned so they are trying again. :rolleyes:

Waggie14

Did anybody manage to pick up a copy of the original Bad Boys exclusive? I picked up #2, but I am searching like mad for #1.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Pics of Logan (FAC) steelbook...
Gloss and Embossed treatment :)
logan-jpg.873617

logan-3-jpg.873619

logan-6-jpg.873622

Attachments

• Logan.jpg
    Logan.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Logan (2).jpg
    Logan (2).jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Logan (3).jpg
    Logan (3).jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Logan (4).jpg
    Logan (4).jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Logan (5).jpg
    Logan (5).jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Logan (6).jpg
    Logan (6).jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Logan (7).jpg
    Logan (7).jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Logan (8).jpg
    Logan (8).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Spider-Man: Homecoming (FAC)
WEA (says TBC but it has in fact been approved)
smh-fa-jpg.884105

Attachments

• SMH-FA.jpg
    SMH-FA.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 230

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Blu-ray Special - The Cinema of Zhang Yimou & Gong Li
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
Black Friday 2021: What you need to know
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 24th November 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Panasonic 2021 TV update brings full 4K resolution with VRR and HFR