Film 2015

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a thread for this, so apologies if there's one around somewhere.
Anyway, what's the deal with this series? It starts today on BBC1 at 11.05pm. Once upon a time, it used to start in September and run until Xmas, now is going to run for what, 5 or 6 episodes? I think film fans are being a little short changed, no?

It should be on every week or at least fortnightly.
Drop Claudia Winkleman because of her other commitments & get another film journalist (probably has to be a woman because it's the BBC) in alongside Danny Leigh to discuss.

Last edited:
This show is pretty much dead to me, the presenter and contributors are beyond awful.

Kermode should be flushed from existance.

Regards

Mark

It used to be relevant when it would announce new film releases etc but now its just old news.

I used to like old Bazza droning on about how terrible everything was unless it had subtitles or was in b&w. [emoji38]

Kermodes podcast has the worst audio I've heard on a youtube channel, for someone who has the BBC at his disposal, why is it so bad? His Uncut clips are almost unlistenable. I quite like his banter, but have stopped listening recently due to poor audio quality, if anything, it seems to have gotten worse over summer.

And as above, I think the Film show is becoming more irrelevant with the rise of youtube and other media outlets for trailers, clips and feedback at the click of a phonescreen. Movie stars also appear on the likes of the Graham Norton show, so not even a real need for more movie exposure on mainstream TV.

This show is pretty much dead to me, the presenter and contributors are beyond awful.
I don't mind Danny Leigh at all, and think he should maybe takeover things. His style of reviewing often brings a smile to my face. Can't stand that Antonia Quirke woman though. She really does pretty much hate everything, and whenever she pops up for a guest slot, I have to resist turning off.

Why did she even get the gig in the first place? It was clear that she was absolutely clueless.

I sometimes think that being a TV presenter is akin to being a Cabinet minister - you're just there as a face until you get reshuffled off somewhere else to be a front, whilst all the real knowledge and work is being done in the background.

Why did she even get the gig in the first place? It was clear that she was absolutely clueless.

I sometimes think that being a TV presenter is akin to being a Cabinet minister - you're just there as a face until you get reshuffled off somewhere else to be a front, whilst all the real knowledge and work is being done in the background.

Indeed but wasn't there something about her husband being a film producer? So a conflict of interest on top of that. Ross had a similar problem with his wife but we knew he loves films.

Bri

Didn't even know this show was still going. Is a weekly show still relevant in this day and age? Do have fond memories of the show with Barry though, and why not.

After the loss of Barry Norman I haven't seen anyone present 'Film' with any real passion. In fact I think the Review Show did a better job of reviewing films. I would prefer the Review Show 'style' to that of the recent 'Film' unless they can get a presenter who has the passion required. If there ain't anybody..there ain't anybody.

I hear Chris Evans is looking for a job... :D

Never really had a problem with Claudia. Her enthusiasm always balanced out her lack of knowledge & the chemistry between her & Danny was good. Most of the guest critics were OK too, apart from the irritating one who hated anything made after 1950.

I still haven't had a decent answer as to why the Beeb decided it needed to be a 'Live' show though. It just made everything feel rushed, & I think in the entire run they only ever read out about three tweets from viewers.

Yes I've heard her in their slot and don't rate her at all - goes all the way back to her Radio 1 breakfast show days. Last decent thing she did was Live & Kicking and that was for kids and overgrown young adults.

I heard she was in line for being the next Doctor.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom