Filling in chasing after cabling ??

darko13

Standard Member
Reaction score
This is a question for all the installers who do a lot of TV wall mounts really.
The supplier who I have been using their filler to cover cables after a chased wall has stopped making it and I'm down to the last few tubs !!
If its a building project I fill the chase with bonding / browning and finish with easy fill or finishing plaster but if it's a house that's finished and I'm doing a retro-fit I would use this product.
The question is now its no longer available what one coat , no sag or crack solution is there ?
What are you all using ?

Thanks in advance

I dont think there really is a good one coat (to a high quality finish) product. I finish up with easyfill standard over bonding or gyproc one coat trowelled back to allow enough for easyfill to key.

Yeah agree with the browning / easy fill solution but sometimes distance dictates or the customer doesn't want that return visit so I like to be able to leave the customer with a semi - finished finish that the customer can just sand or lightly fill and be happy. So just wondered if there is a one coat that will leave a decent finish that leaves a tidy job that requires little work on the customers behalf as I often get requested ?

Again as I said there isn't in my opinion a product that fills in one go with a good finish but if needs must I think one coat would probably be my recommendation but it really doesn't leave a satisfactory finish for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom