filling gap in bath/shower after bathroom tv removed

Reaction score
Hi all,

selling my house, and I will need to remove my bathroom tv and fill the gap with something somehow,

I do not have matching tiles, so wonder what would be quickest , cheapest easiest way to do the job?

splashpanel, hardened mirror? or mosaic tiles?

Last edited:
Wood panel with a splash of paint, then call it Art :thumbsup:
Could add another 50k to the place :smoke:

Seriously a mirror would be ideal, would it not ?

Hi all,

selling my house, and I will need to remove my bathroom tv and fill the gap with something somehow,

I do not have matching tiles, so wonder what would be quickest , cheapest easiest way to do the job?

splashpanel, hardened mirror? or mosaic tiles?
Leave the TV?

I paid for tv £140, so would be shame to leave, but this is an realistic option...

Personally if i viewed the place and saw the TV there i would expect it to still be there if i bought it, purely for the fact it's built in for want of another way of putting it, like built in ovens washing machines etc.

Free standing stuff i would expect to be removed unless told otherwise.

Personally if i viewed the place and saw the TV there i would expect it to still be there if i bought it, purely for the fact it's built in for want of another way of putting it, like built in ovens washing machines etc.

Free standing stuff i would expect to be removed unless told otherwise.
buyer said they do not want....

Get a mirror and write Luxurite in red letters along the bottom of it. :)

More seriously, if the Buyer doesn't want the TV, why don't you ask them what they would like there in it's place?

If he doesn't want it, just remove it and let him sort the hole out. Chances are they will refit the bathroom anyway.

I have one in my bathroom, hopefully he is missing a zero, otherwise I got done!

That's what I thought. Mind you, we do have the likes of the eBay specials or aliexpress where the prices and quality are really low.

Mine cost £1,500 five years ago and that was for a 23". Aquavision one.

Get a mirror and write Luxurite in red letters along the bottom of it. :)

More seriously, if the Buyer doesn't want the TV, why don't you ask them what they would like there in it's place?
they might want something special that woul dcost me a fortune....

they might want something special that woul dcost me a fortune....

If you aren't too fussed just leave it there. It's their problem to take it out if they don't like it. If they are applying leverage over something like that you don't want to be selling the house to them in the first place.

Make it into an alcove to store shampoos etc

Attachments

• 1398404830636.jpg
    1398404830636.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 104
I'm with IG. You could spend time & money taking it out & making good only for the sale to fall through for some other reason.

Last edited:
I must admit - putting one at the shower end of the bath is a bit stupid. Don't you elbow it when you wash?

Can you take it off and do another picture as it depends on what's behind. Looks really flush - is there a big hole in the wall for it to sink in?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom