filling gap in bath/shower after bathroom tv removed

werdas

Standard Member
Hi all,

selling my house, and I will need to remove my bathroom tv and fill the gap with something somehow,

I do not have matching tiles, so wonder what would be quickest , cheapest easiest way to do the job?

splashpanel, hardened mirror? or mosaic tiles?

Last edited:

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
Wood panel with a splash of paint, then call it Art :thumbsup:
Could add another 50k to the place :smoke:

Seriously a mirror would be ideal, would it not ?

Phil57

Hi all,

selling my house, and I will need to remove my bathroom tv and fill the gap with something somehow,

I do not have matching tiles, so wonder what would be quickest , cheapest easiest way to do the job?

splashpanel, hardened mirror? or mosaic tiles?
Leave the TV?

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
Personally if i viewed the place and saw the TV there i would expect it to still be there if i bought it, purely for the fact it's built in for want of another way of putting it, like built in ovens washing machines etc.

Free standing stuff i would expect to be removed unless told otherwise.

werdas

Standard Member
Personally if i viewed the place and saw the TV there i would expect it to still be there if i bought it, purely for the fact it's built in for want of another way of putting it, like built in ovens washing machines etc.

Free standing stuff i would expect to be removed unless told otherwise.
buyer said they do not want....

IronGiant

Get a mirror and write Luxurite in red letters along the bottom of it. :)

More seriously, if the Buyer doesn't want the TV, why don't you ask them what they would like there in it's place?

rousetafarian

Wood panel with a splash of paint, then call it Art :thumbsup:
Could add another 50k to the place :smoke:

Seriously a mirror would be ideal, would it not ?
Or a 2-way mirror?

blue max

Distinguished Member
If he doesn't want it, just remove it and let him sort the hole out. Chances are they will refit the bathroom anyway.

werdas

Standard Member
Get a mirror and write Luxurite in red letters along the bottom of it. :)

More seriously, if the Buyer doesn't want the TV, why don't you ask them what they would like there in it's place?
they might want something special that woul dcost me a fortune....

IronGiant

they might want something special that woul dcost me a fortune....
If you aren't too fussed just leave it there. It's their problem to take it out if they don't like it. If they are applying leverage over something like that you don't want to be selling the house to them in the first place.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I'm with IG. You could spend time & money taking it out & making good only for the sale to fall through for some other reason.

Last edited:

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
I must admit - putting one at the shower end of the bath is a bit stupid. Don't you elbow it when you wash?

Can you take it off and do another picture as it depends on what's behind. Looks really flush - is there a big hole in the wall for it to sink in?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
4K Streaming impacts carbon emissions says Royal Society
  • By Andy Bassett