CONCEPT 300
MONITOR AUDIO GOLD 200

Equipment used:
Cambridge
Audio EDGE NQ
Audiolab 8300XP
Audiolab 8300CDQ

Naim Unit Atom

DALI a tall and wide field of sound. It's warm, textured and dynamic. They are the most amount of fun to listen to and you can clearly tell they aren't like the other two which in comparison almost seems as if they're subjected to some sort of " script " containing clear indication by which they have to reproduce music. They play well with reggae, pop, jazz, classical, rock (depends on the recording of track) but they are at their best when playing female vocals and acoustic instruments.

Q-Acoustics has got amazing accuracy in its soundstage delivery. Very crisp top end and a very nuanced and detailed bass delivery. You hear every fluctuations of the bass reproduction with these, at the expense of nothing being able to dig as low as other stand mounters can. Whilst they do very well with most genres, due to tonal balance I feel classical music is their forte.

The Gold 300 have very rounded bass which could help massively at low volume levels whilst listening to classical or jazz. These speakers are also capable of striking a balance between being analytical enough to have a coherent and clear separation between frequency ranges. Top end is top end. Midrange is midrange. Bass is bass. They're very well separated and kept in their own sector. Something the RUBICON 5 and CONCEPT 300 aren't as good at.

All in all, these are superb speakers. They are just very good but different, as with all speakers at this price range.

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_160543.jpg
    IMG_20210429_160543.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210427_171108.jpg
    IMG_20210427_171108.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210427_171028.jpg
    IMG_20210427_171028.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210427_171149__01.jpg
    IMG_20210427_171149__01.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 30

gava

Sounds like you had fun comparing them. :)

gava

I do enjoy my Concept 300s, but I use them with (small) subs for the lower bass from 30-75Hz.

The soundstage is great, but they do need a powerful amplifier - especially for classical. My Marantz PM7000N isn't quite up to the job. They play loud with the Marantz, but it's not in full control.

They are nice for all kinds of music though and very non-fatiguing compared to my KEF LS50s for example, which although very exciting do get to be too much after an hour or two of listening.

jjj2788

I do enjoy my Concept 300s, but I use them with (small) subs for the lower bass from 30-75Hz.

The soundstage is great, but they do need a powerful amplifier - especially for classical. My Marantz PM7000N isn't quite up to the job. They play loud with the Marantz, but it's not in full control.

They are nice for all kinds of music though and very non-fatiguing compared to my KEF LS50s for example, which although very exciting do get to be too much after an hour or two of listening.
I find the KEF LS50s very underwhelming for my ears. They do indeed offer superb imaging (if set up properly) but I find them to be a one trick pony sort of speaker.

What I like about the Concept 300 is that whatever they play they sound in control and at ease. They're the equivalent of that one person we all know who can dress up in the ugliest clothes and still manage to look beautiful. That's the CONCEPT 300'S personality.

Have you ever tried DALI?

gava

Nothing high end.

I have a pair of Dali Spektor 2. They are nice for the price.

I have heard some higher end ones in showroom but it's an artificial environment. Couldn't tell really whether I liked them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom