1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

filing system in the hd3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by xfuzion, Jun 23, 2005.

1. xfuzion

xfuzion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey all
    i just ordered a hd3, should be getting it sometime next week, along with a rm-mc40elk remote and sony MDR-EX71SL headphones.
    I'm current converting most of my music collection into atrac format in preparation for immediate transfer. What i wanted to know is how the hd3 filing system works. currently, my music collection is split as follows:

Music:
    --English -- Albums -- <Every album in separate directory>
    -- Pop/Rock (random mp3s)
    -- Rnb (random mp3s)
    -- Techno/Dance (random mp3s)
    --Chinese-- <Artist in separate directory>
    -- Random

Would i be able to keep this style of format on the HD3 as well? How would i browse through the folders on the remote, if i can?
    Thanks, this forums been real informative :D

2. Linkable

Linkable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You just import all your music in Sonicstage, tag and organise it in there and then transfer it to the player.
    You can browse your music in a few different ways
    Artists, Albums, Genre and New Tracks

So if you'd select Genre then you'd get all the genres that you've tagged files with and if you'd select one genre then it'd play all the tracks tagged with that particular genre.
    If you select an artist then you can browse 'deeper' and see all the albums by that artist and if you go one level deeper you see all the tracks in that album.

So basically, it's organised for you. It might take some time to organise in Sonicstage (I had my music folder organised like yours too) but once you've got it running it works like a charm on your player.

3. xfuzion

xfuzion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh, cool
    thanks for that. Still not sure why ppl are dissing sonicstage so much. i used it on my sony n1 md and now i'm using 3.1. It could be a lot easier to do stuff that should be basic, but it hasn't crashed on me ever.... maybe im jst lucky
    oh another thing, if i delete the converted atrac files from the computer after i transfer, would i be able to transfer from the hd3 back onto the computer? i prefer mp3 format on my computer, and to use winamp.