1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File transfer speed - ipod photo Vs iAudio X5?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Erick, Oct 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Erick

Erick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone help me decide which of these two products are the best for transferring photos on the go? -

The 20GB ipod Photo + Apple camera connector
    The iAudio X5

They're both similarly priced, both have their pluses and drawbacks. The ipod has better controls, longer battery life, and a better screen. The X5 has FM radio, easier file transfer and the USB connector is included in the price.

But which is faster and more reliable when it comes to transferring photos from my camera? I am going on holiday next month and don't wish to spend hundreds on CF cards. Plus I want an MP3 player anyway. Am I right in thinking the ipod is USB 1.1 and the X5 is USB 2.0?

Has anyone tried either of the two, how easy are they to use? How does transferring images affect the battery life, I've heard to ipod doesn't fare to well in this category, but I have no info on the X5. Am I able to plug the devices into the mains while I transfer?

Thanks.