1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File recover software ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by evolution400, Sep 26, 2005.

1. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I am getting the good old Cyclic Redunancy Check when I try to transfer a file from my hdd I have run chkdsk shows up no errors I cant move/read or delete the file I would like to recover the file if at all possible anyone know of a good tool for this ?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Have you done a surface analysis with CHKDSK?

What operating system? Generally if you're having problems even deleting the file then it's not the file itself that's got the problem but the directory structure holding the file's details .. when you delete a file the data itself isn't read or touched at tall, only directory blocks are changed.

Not sure what if any tools are around to try to deal with this, if it's a media fault (disk bad spot) then I doubt it's something that can be recovered using a simple tool .. certainly I know of nothing that could help here.

3. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Norton Disk doctor to the rescue it has gone past 30% going slowly but hopfully it should fix the file or files the rest of the tests showed file system and dir structure to be fine so its file issue.

4. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
  5. evolution400

evolution400

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks mate I will give that a try norton hung on 35% so maybe this one will sort it.