File Reading on Panasonic FZ330

stearman65

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought an FZ330, after having an FZ150 & 1000 over the last 5 years. I usually shoot video in MP3, but after watching Graham Houghton's video tutorial on YT decided to try AVCHD. I shot some trial footage then went to look at it on my PC using W7 Professional, the JPEGS were there, but no video. I thought I may have been pressing the wrong buttons so tried a couple of times more, nothing. So I re-set the camera to MP4 & bingo the files showed. I haven't installed the camera software that came with it as I got brassed off with Silkypix on my previous Pannys. Has anyone any idea why I can't see the AVCHD files.
upload_2019-3-23_10-17-38.jpeg

I have same issue. The AVCHD files are in another folder within the dcim folder. Not the obvious place.

Try again and go through all the subfolder... They are there.

Ice

Hi Ice, tried again & opened the private file, then AVCHD, BDMV & stream & it worked. Now I've tried it, it doesn't work well with my PTE slide show software, jerky motion. Switched back to MP4.
Thanks Again.

Hi Ice, tried again & opened the private file, then AVCHD, BDMV & stream & it worked. Now I've tried it, it doesn't work well with my PTE slide show software, jerky motion. Switched back to MP4.
Thanks Again.
Not sure what is called but there are plenty free software programmes that would work for your video....Power Director comes to mind but not sure if free.... Maybe YouTube it.

Good luck

Ice

Hi Ice, been using PTE since 2007, too old to change now, coming up to 80 next year. I think (hope) it will see me out? Really like the FZ330, lots of useful features.

Avchd will give higher quality, which might be why your older software is struggling to play and render the files.

If the quality looks good to you, no need to change anything and carry on with MP4

Yes looking back I seem to remember trying it before & having the same problem. My copy of PTE is at least 6 years old, so that's moved on. I did try a newer version but got banned from the forum so wasn't able to ask questions, so I've stuck with version 8 & don't miss the forum which is more like the Goolag Archipelego. My video projector is also 4 years old so I'll stick with thew devil I know.
Cheers.

My only crime was to produce more videos than all the other users put together, which got up the noses of certain moderators. Once you are banned from PTE you are banned for life.:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom