1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File copying utility

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Underscore, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just got a USB2.0 card reader, I realised that the thing I would miss from my Canon software would be having the photos automatically copied into folders named with the shooting date. To get around this, I wrote a short Python script to achieve the same effect and it occurred to me that others may find it useful. I've attached the script (filecopier.txt) and the batch file (Import photos.txt) that I use to invoke it. You will need Python (which can be downloaded from http://www.python.org) and to rename the batch file so that it ends with .bat and the Python script should end with .py

I've used this for my photos and it's not caused any problems for me - though this comes with no guarantees; it's offered on an as-is basis just in case anyone might find it useful.

Any feedback, suggestions, etc. gratefully received.

Cheers,

_

Attached Files:

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    When I put my card in my usb reader I still get the option of using the Canon software though...?

3. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really? Bu993r, I should have checked that first...