Fiio E10 or other with B&W P3 from Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Fatgigi, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Fatgigi

Fatgigi
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All

I have only recently started to venture into the world of high quality music and I am currently learning about portable amps. I own a pair of bowers and wilkins p3 and I listen to music on the go and at home. I have been reading much about portable amps dac and from what I understand these amps are supposed to take your music to the next level especially when compared to the default laptop amps. I own a macbook pro 2010 and I have never tried listening to music using an amp. I have been reading around and apparently a Fiio E10 amp would be a good place to start for someone who enjoys music but is not a audiophile nut.

Would you recommend purchasing an amp like the e10 fiio to use on y macbook 2010 with my B&W p3's or would I not hear much of a difference?

Thank you.

2. noisemaker

noisemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Macbooks are known for having a pretty good soundcard. Adding an external device such as fiio, will give you a more decent headamp. In my opinion i doubt there will be a night/day difference on sound quality.

3. petertucker48

petertucker48
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just purchased an E10 for my iMac works very well for the Beyer headphones DT231, the plug feels a little loose plus you cannot switch it off which seems a bit strange.
    Can also connect by 3.5mm plug to my main amp (Nad) and the sounds is really good.
    For the price a good LITTLE !! Headphone amp with the main amp connection an added bonus.