Fiio D3 - has anyone had any experience?

Cieran

Standard Member
Hi all, I think this is the right place for this so here goes.....

I have a quick question regarding this Fiio model.
I am pretty much a newbie to all things hi-fi and I am thinking of getting a D3 to connect my Sumvision Cyclone micro media player to my fairly old TV. The Sumvision has a coaxial out and my TV only has RCA in so I was thinking of using the D3 to connect the two.

However the volume level when using headphones plugged into my TV is not very loud and I was wondering if I used the D3 would it also amplify the sound at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

larkone

Distinguished Member
The D3 is just a Digital to Analogue Converter not an amp. It will solve the problem of converting the digital signal to 2 channel analogue to feed into your TV. If you need to boost your headphone volume then consider one of Fiio headphone amps like the E5 http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E5-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B0026RJQJ6 - not expensive at £14

I use a D3 to convert flac files for my second stereo and I usually have to increase the volume slightly over normal CD or radio volume to get the same level of output but do not take that as representative of your issue. I would buy the D3 first and see what volume you get then consider the E5 if you need it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom