1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FightBox

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by YJ, Jun 20, 2003.

1. YJ

YJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The BBC's FightBox tournament has started, so those gamers who are interested go to http://www.bbcfightbox.co.uk/.

I'm going to try but not sure if you'll need a broadband connection, which I currently lack. My username is PeterPan, I'll aim my warriors for the light-weight category.

Any suggestions for Warrior names? :)

YJ

2. savage

savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any chance you could post your thought when you play mate?

i was wondering about this

ive heard in theory its great but at the mo its a bit slow

3. why2pac

why2pac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm DL the fight kit. will post back with a review and what its all about.

4. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Says in the FAQ that minimum is 56k

5. YJ

YJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Guys,

I forgot to burn it on to disc after downloading it at Uni, will try on again Friday.

YJ

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    I played it briefly, kind of interesting initially, but it is pretty dull and the controls suck.

Plus I have heard quite a few reports of it being hacked.

7. YJ

YJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not great with games so I never expected to get far with this one.

Fightbox on first glance is nice that it lets you create your own character which affects the properties and ability of warrior. I only made one warrior which I named ‘Tinkerbell’, - (I only realised later I that I was missing the ‘e’ at end), but became Tinkerbell_3 when I registered it.

Then you can practise the qualification test and this is similar to the training tests, however any damage that is done to your warrior needs to be repaired, which cost points. You gain points for getting a new personal best for attempting to practice the qualification tests. This is not easy after a while, as you strive to beat your previous best. There are three tests Gauntlet – run a round on an obstacle course, Platforms – jumping between tall towers and floating platforms and Combat – battle droids.

If you have some spare points you can upgrade you basic components to higher levels which offer better defence, attack, etc. This can increase your warrior’s properties and thus aid you to get a new personal best for your next battle or event. It is possible to do special moves however I believe you warrior needs ‘elite’ grade hands, but people on the BBC fightbox forum complain that they are to slow and not as effective, so they just avoid using them.

I agree the controls are not something I’m comfortable with however it is possible to reassign them. However the most dissatisfactory point is that I could never control or move as I wanted to and so I kept missing my targets or my warrior showing a delayed reaction.

Frankly I’m amazed when I scroll thought the leader board and see lots of people getting points as high as 40,000, they must be extremely good or dedicated or both, since my best has been <2,500 and that took time, and that was for only combat, the others I bearly got >150. After a while it can be boring to attempt to do the same thing over and over again.

For those who wish to qualify you’ve got until Friday, or Sunday evening, I think. And for advice how to increase your score read the BBC Fightbox forum.

Best of luck for the rest of you,

YJ