Fight Night

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked this up from Blockbuster on rental fodder tonight!

Kinda fun and a great inventive control system..ranks alongside Tiger in my books.

The right joystick controls the punches...right diagnol for a straight..left diagnol for jab...down and rotate left to up for upper cut etc etc

Just a shame you have to put up with the same old EA (c)rap music angle!

I've been looking at this myself, you can put the punches on the buttons so i've heard is that right? if you can i think i'll pick it up next week.

I have the xbox version and you can not use the buttons to punch, you have to use the right stick.
I played the demo on the Playstation 2 yesterday and I could use buttons to punch on that version, maybe because it was only a demo though.

you can use the buttons on the XBOX just change the button controls to configuration 3 4 5 6 on the control screen.what copy do you have CRAZY KOPITE???????

I have the xbox version. I dont think the faces changed as much on the Playstation 2 when they were getting battered and brusied.
I think it is better to use the stick as it is original makes it harder though hurts your wrists more :p

xbox version and you cant use the xbox buttons ????

YOu can put some of the punches on the button using the different configurations, but not the upper cut..i think..i only had a quick look at the configurations as the use of the joystick is half of the fun.

I haven't decided how good a game this is yet, but certainly feels better than any other boxing game i have played...there seems to be more strategy with it rather than the normal button bashing.

The career mode seems pretty good too

I think i'll rent this first to see if i can get on with the controls.

Go for it..i think after a while you will find it to be much more enjoyable than button bashing.

You can really get into the combos...jab jab straight upper cut..marvellous stuff!!!

Originally posted by scrapbook
YOu can put some of the punches on the button using the different configurations, but not the upper cut..i think..i only had a quick look at the configurations as the use of the joystick is half of the fun.

I haven't decided how good a game this is yet, but certainly feels better than any other boxing game i have played...there seems to be more strategy with it rather than the normal button bashing.

The career mode seems pretty good too

When using the buttons (at least on XBOX) you press the two straight punch buttons together to get an uppercut - I use a mixture of the two to get better control in different situations

Great game

I also got this at the weekend, and found that once you changed the controller config to punch using the buttons i was getting somewhere.

Saw this when i was over in the states last month, and had to get my mits on this when it was released here. Def worth getting on the PS2 and i guess the X box too.

Dal

HOw do you block using that method?

The rental has gone back now, but wil get around to buying later in the week?

I find the Total Control Punching excellent for feeling as though you are really throwing those punches..it also seems to link really well when you are blocking punches to then suddenly snap into a straight or a jab

Just bought the XBOX Version - is it me, or does the Action "Freeze" for a second or so every now and then?

How does this title compare with Rocky (PS2) as thinking of getting it? Rocky is very good and hoping this is even better?

For me it is much better, a more involving experience and a decent career mode by the looks of it.

Have to admit though I didnt like Rocky that much...although prefered it to Knockout kinds

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom