FIGHT NIGHT R3 Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by thxultra73, Mar 13, 2006.

1. thxultra73

thxultra73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have a problem with FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3,i am flying through it with 22 wins 19 by KO,im trying to unlock all the achievments and have 5 from 8 already done,the only 3 i haven't done are win EVARLAST tournament,win any PAY PER VIEW event and win any FRIDAY NIGHT EVENT.My next fight is against MARVIN HAGLAR on a FRIDAY NIGHT event,which unlocks an achievment.My problem is that www.gamefaqs.com state you only have to win the fight to unlock the achievement,while your trophy room states you have to win by KO and the contract you sign states you have to KO him and make him stay down in the 4th round only, to unlock the achievement,which is correct ?,if it is the latter then how do you ko him by the fourth?,my last three fights have all gone the distance as its getting progressivley harder

:lease:

2. Vini

Vini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    im not sure, but i won all my fights by round 3... i was just using the special punch a fair bit, as a counter.

swaying like a sailboat on a bad day, and throwing loads of combos into his face.

3. Padi

Padi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was really enjoying this game and wining all the time then tonight during the dodge tournament I just couldn’t win. Every time I threw a punch it got blocked and countered. I don’t understand how I can win constantly and 90% of the time by KO then all of a sudden loose every match it makes no sense. Soz just had to vent somewhere :mad:

4. Andy_83

Andy_83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Any kind of win will do for the Gamer Points achievment, so going to ponits will be ok.
    The 4th round KO is to get the bonus award that was shown on the contract page - extra money, big name fight etc.

4th round K.O should be possible - just go for big body shots in the first round and get a few counters in to the head. The opposition should be breathing heavily in no time making it easy to get the knockdowns.
    Basically just unload with big hits & dodge what you can.

5. a_friend

a_friend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20

yep having the problem I cant seem to block effectivly Sugar Ray out boxed me and now I have 1 loss up to this point it was knock outs all the way.

6. thxultra73

thxultra73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have finally come up against a tough oppenent in the 1st fight of the PPV sponsered tournament,i sneak every round on points 10 8 or 10 9 but he always ko's me in the 10th and wins

Help please any advice wil do

7. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Just make sure if you lose you do not have auto save set, so you can try try again. Sometimes I swear the 360 cheats sometimes or it is too scared of losing lol.

8. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    Yeah i was also flying up until yesterday when i fought Sugar Ray Robinson, he out boxed me and gets so many body punches in... he uses his jab very well too which i don't tend to use enough of.

I fought him again this morning and he beat me again! :mad:

9. MANGABOY

MANGABOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    This game is pretty easy up to the 8th achievement, however for the last two the class of opposition fighters increases significantly, I still win 99% of them within 3 rounds but not now by outboxing them like I used to but by using right hand haymakers.

I just keep throwing them until one connects, then your free to knock dem down.Some fights I throw like 25 of them, just connect with 3 and win! Im around 3 fights from getting the last Everlast achievement and throughout my entire career none of my fights have gone past 4 rounds, let alone go to a points decision.

10. slackbladder

slackbladder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I do like FN R3 but it's a heavily loaded game in career. It's not possible to achieve the same stats as the best opponents and because you're boxer loses stats after he turns 35-ish means it'll only gets harder. It's stupid though because you're rivals stats don't drop even though they're suposedly the same age as your career boxer. A quick hint: go for matches that are not too far away on the calender. That'll help keep your career boxer young longer.
    If you go through the game with constant wins there comes a point where every match sees opponents with 10% or 20% higher stats. I actually get myself DQ'd a few times just to get a few extra training sessions in. i have no idea how they get such high stats as it's impossible for you to do the same in the same number of fights. Cheap trick by EA.
    I also think a few fights are supposed to be difficult in career mode, regardless of stats. I guess that's the point of career mode. Unfortunately it just feels cheap.
    I'm not too bothered. I've won all the matches except a unification belt. It's just a shame that EA have'nt bothered very much with the career side. It took me more than 10 yrs to win everything needed to try a higher weight belt (by then he was too old and flabby to do very well). Why does it take nearly 10 yrs to get a pop at the middleweight/heavyweight etc world championship? Surely it does'nt take that long in reality?
    There's so much more that could have been done like saving replays, taking pics, a career ladder where you choose the route not a pre-programmed one. Perhaps FN R4 will put it right.
    BUt I really do like it all the same. I have'nt played GR:AW yet!

11. MANGABOY

MANGABOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Woohoo, just finished off the Everlast fight and got my 1000 gamer points :)

Anyone else who's finished, if you carry on boxing with your champ do you move up a weight and fight for that belt next and then move on to unifying the two titles? If so, what happens if you lose your current belt while trying to get there or is it not possible to lose your title even if you lose a fight?

12. slackbladder

slackbladder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Yes, you fight for the next weight division title. Around 7 fights, maybe more. But be warned, your boxer has a limited lifetime to do it. When he turns 35 or so it's all down hill and your stats start dropping off faster than you can put them on. But your opponents are as hard as always. Bit of a con really.