Fight Night + My D-Link Router = NO Online Play!!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by xXTwin BladeXx, Mar 28, 2006.

1. xXTwin BladeXx

xXTwin BladeXx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hey guys, I have been having to play my beloved fight night online, by unplugging my xbox from the router and connecting it directly because my bloody router, kicks me off the EA servers everytime i get into the lobby bit where you choose your fighters!! is there any reason? has anyone lese had this problem?
    Cheers :thumbsup:

2. stepbak

stepbak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you may need to forward some ports on your router. XBOX live uses TCP port 88 and 3074 and UDP also.
    :)

3. W1zz

W1zz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Which model D-Link router?

I've just upgraded my DI-614+ to a DGL-4300. One of the reasons was because everytime I connected to XBLive from console power on. I was able to play for about 3-4minutes and then I'd be disconnected.

After reconnecting to XBLive everything was fine from then on. It was only the initial connection from power on.

I could even connect and browse the marketplace, send messages and all othe XBLive stuff without a problem. It was only when I entered an online game that it gave me 3-4mins before kicking me off. :thumbsdow

No such problems with the new one :D

4. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I have a D-Link DI-784, fully Xbox Live and Media Center certified, works great on live both wired and wireless, but good luck trying to get hold of one..., unfortunately since it was rleased the only way to get hold of it was through 2 online resellers, but now no one seems ot stock it, I got mine from ebay refurbished but for £40 who can complain when they retail for £100, best bet is to import one form Ebay USA, or get a D Link 4300..

5. DarkEntity

DarkEntity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    You need to update to the newest formware for most D-Link routers. I had the same problem with disconnects until i did the same :)