Fight Club Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Gerard Magnier, 7th December 2009
‘Fight Club’ was released to critical acclaim ten years ago (1999). Director David Fincher has produced one of his greatest movies to date with this release. The cast is a veritable tour de force at the top of their game and includes Brad Pitt, Helena Bonham Carter and Edward Norton. Starting up an illegal Fight Clubs to provide an outlet for his aggression and frustration (and to potentially cure his insomnia), it’s not long before “Jack” (Norton) and his new best friend, Tyler Durden (Pitt), realise that their lives, and their club, are rapidly spiralling out of control. The plot is slick, well paced, exciting and fiercely intelligent, with more twists and turns than you can imagine. The performances from all the cast and the direction from Fincher is of the highest possible calibre. This simply is one of the most inspirational and stunning movies of the last ten years and deserves to be in every cinema fans collection.

The video presentation offers a distinct and worthwhile upgrade from DVD, with a huge amount of detail on show, even through the gloom of the many dimly lit scenes. The same can be said for the audio mix and this really is a reference grade uncompressed track. The extras package is bursting at the seams and contains four commentary tracks and a couple of exclusive BD additional supplements. I can cannot recommend this release enough and it’s simply a must buy.

Read the full review...

Great reviews as always so thanks for the effort.

I've only watched this film once! Though only because I didn't want to ruin the the incredible feelings I got from this the first time I'd watched it ( amazingly on DVD without knowing the twists ). I think Seven is the only other film I have avoided at all costs and a second viewing in order to keep that OMG feeling.

Now, this being on Blu Ray and a great transfer, I think I might buy this as an Xmas prezzie to myself. Yes the 'you know what' bit wont have anything like the shock value it had 1st time round, but the performances are what this film is about and the film will still be awesome to watch, so it's going into my player.

Seven on the other hand will NEVER reach the height of it's 1st time viewing. Hell could that be a bad thing? That fact that ( I think? ) you need that end scene to be fresh to get the most out of it? Having never watched it again i cannot confirm this of course.

Meatloaf with HUGE moobs in HD?!? Oh my!

Totally get it dude - you won't be disappointed and you'll pick up on a lot more the second time round, specially on Blu :smashin:

I haven't watched this in years, but play.com had this on deal of the day last week for a £9.99!!!!!:eek: so was duly ordered :)

That movie's awesome ... and you should really watch it a second time invisiblekid ... as reingame said you'll get a lot more of what's happening the second time you watch it and it's no less awesome ;D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom