Fig 8 power to iec c14?

ayrejc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Maybe an idiot question as i am not an elctrucian but....

My current sub has a fig 8 mains power cable and is nicely wired / channeled to my sub. In the event that i change subs and dont remove the power lead is there such a thing or is it even possible to either rewire an iec c14 female plug onto the existing cable or is there a generic adapter?

Any suggestions?

I'm not a 100% on this, but whilst it is possible such an adapter exists... I don't think it's advisable and I'd bet its only available from some unscrupulous eBay seller..

Devices that use iec plugs use it because of the need for the earth wire. I know some devices are designed to use iec plugs that aren't earthed, but I personally wouldn't risk using an adapter that overrides any requirement for an earth wire on safety grounds.

I'm not a 100% on this, but whilst it is possible such an adapter exists... I don't think it's advisable and I'd bet its only available from some unscrupulous eBay seller..

Devices that use iec plugs use it because of the need for the earth wire. I know some devices are designed to use iec plugs that aren't earthed, but I personally wouldn't risk using an adapter that overrides any requirement for an earth wire on safety grounds.
Makes perfect sense - thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom